• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 2021-2023 Thread

its been said before Moanga doesnt play the best with BB at 15, maybe he second guesses himself or maybe BB overrules him, really really want to see jordan at 15 behind moanga
Old comment but we've seen that before and it's not that special. If Mo'unga can't get Beauden, his teammate, out of his head to play his own game then he's just not mentally strong enough but I doubt that's the case. It's the same old story. AB first five looks 10x better when his forwards dominate and give him front foot ball. Not much of that going on lately.

i dont think anyone really thought he had a chance, very much showed he is out of sync with NZ rugby with his disastrous super season

Yeh I don't think he was either. Gives a journalist something to write about. But if having international experience is one criteria then he certainly ticks it, which Razor does not. And the whole big difference between Super Rugby and test rugby.

337239099_1313959392804818_7225714459442026018_n.png

No doubt he deserves his shot at the main job and it puts to bed the speculation and Foster and ABs can now put their concentration and efforts into the RWC now. I wonder if he retains a coach in his back room staff with international experience in Schmidt or even if Joe would want to stay. That can wait until after the RWC.

I think Schmidt has said said he's not in the running

Jason Ryan almost certain to stay, made not I able change when he came in and was razors first choice when running previously

Still hoping we'll bring in someone like tony brown, some innovation in the backline would be welcome

How unsurprising
I think Schmidt has said said he's not in the running

Jason Ryan almost certain to stay, made not I able change when he came in and was razors first choice when running previously

Still hoping we'll bring in someone like tony brown, some innovation in the backline would be welcome
last time around tony brown was originally In both foster and razors assistant staff until he withdrew last minute

How unsurprising

last time around tony brown was originally In both foster and razors assistant staff until he withdrew last minute
I think they said they wanted him but he was always clear he would only work with Joseph, so not so much he withdrew last minute as the finally actually asked and we're caught off guard when he said no

Now the comedy outcome would be the ABs winning the RWC and the Crusaders bombing Super Rugby. I wonder if the Crusaders improved performance this weekend was due to the matter being resolved, so Robertson didnt have distractions?

Delusion crashing down haha?
There was never any delusion mom ami. I never said that we would have a chance of getting him if he was being lined up for the ABs. ****, I even said that we wouldn't have a chance if England were in for him. My position was that if the above didn't apply then we could've got him. I still believe that. I think if we had gone after him a couple of years ago he would've come but alas the WRU are useless as are the RFU (but maybe not quite as inept.)

I think they said they wanted him but he was always clear he would only work with Joseph, so not so much he withdrew last minute as the finally actually asked and we're caught off guard when he said no
From 2019 Otago daily times -

Tony made his call," Robertson said today. "It was a tough phone call to make. We had planned for a while to work together. He showed his hand to work with Jamie - and his loyalty. I appreciate it was a tough call for him to make to me."

Brown also said that he and Joseph wanted to coach the all blacks and that he hoped Joseph thought now (2020) was the right time but if not it could be in four years (2024). I guess it could still be in four years from now. I wonder what they'll do from next year.

Brown also said that he and Joseph wanted to coach the all blacks and that he hoped Joseph thought now (2020) was the right time but if not it could be in four years (2024). I guess it could still be in four years from now. I wonder what they'll do from next year.
If Robertson will translate his Crusaders times winning culture into these fading ABs, which I hope and I believe he will, then we may see a couple of RWC ABs cycles under him.
Man, I am so happy that he was appointed and I am really looking forward to 2024!

Always interesting to keep an eye on the men in black. Still a long way to go until the RWC. Loads injured atm. Although not followed SR too closely other than the odd highlights reel on YouTube.

Amazing the Foster hasn't really found a nailed on 6. Suppose Scotty Barrett to play there ? Don't think it's his best position and better off either starting at lock or coming off the bench. Otherwise Brodie/Sam to start their 3rd RWC together?

But still not really replaced Kaino, who was one of my favourite blindsides. Cane/Ardie nailed on at 7/8.

Front row: Taylor's darts were pretty woeful last year. Surely Taukei'aho starts. Flanked by Lomax and Moody/De Groot. Never really rated Laulala.

Would be good to see Damien Mackenzie finally make a RWC, likely off the bench or start at 15? Richie to start at 10 alongside Aaron at 9.

Surely Beauden doesn't get picked to start at 15 again? Not seen enough of Stevenson or Perifeta. Wings Talea and who on the left? Thought Clarke was a real handful last year. No Jordan still?

Jordie and Rieko to form the centre partnership? Jordie finally cementing 12?

Pressure off Foster with ABs maybe 4th favourites this far out of RWC and Razor now confirmed? Goes without saying that first match v France should be a cracker and decide who tops the pool.

cant argue with much of that

first and foremost, as much as i would love to fozzie to have the courage to pick a team purely on form....i dont think he has the balls, he will pick all the same people we've seen over the last couple of years

I would say there are very few people actually nailed on, even Savea who is one of our few world beaters, there is still talk if hes better to go to 7 to make way for sotutu at 8. is cane still our captain? yes and apparently has been in great form for the chiefs....but hes just so injury prone...but once again i dont think fozzie will change that

I do love seeing guys stick their hand up hoping for selection, i mainly only get to watch the Highlanders games so i have a very narrow focus...but Thomas Umaga Jensen is looking very good, one small ****le meant he missed a week but came back and scored a ripper of the try off the bench, As mentioned in the Super Rugby Thread Ainsley has been very strong working with De Groot (im a huge fan of picking combinations rather than individuals) he's shown up a few all blacks or former all blacks already and has been very mobile around the park

I think those are the only two that have even a slight sniff from the Highlanders to get a call up

A real Bolter ive seen suggested a couple of times if Sam Gilbert, Leading point scored in Super rugby this year, 99% wont happen but he has definitely moved into that group of players that wouldn't disgrace themself if given the chance due to injury or something, his positional play is first rate, pretty much always in the right place to take a kick return and he's jordie barrett size so has the long leaver kick on him

Personally i wouldn't mind if we didn't see Frizell again, even putting aside his thuggishness off field....he's missed a fair chunk of the season all ready and was struggling to really step up in the black jersey before that, in the past an all black coming back from injury would go straight in...but last week sean withy kept him out of the starting XV, he is one to watch out for in the future, he's going from strength to strength

Latest posts