• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks: Ma'a Nonu love or hate?

Ma'a Nonu love or hate?

• Total voters
when Nonu plays next to a good flyhalf, then nonu is good... next to an avg one, nonu is avg...

its weird... so I don't know if carter/cruden brings out the best in nonu or if they make him look good...

lol on a good day nonu is good... on a bad day he's bad... so I don't know...

best 2nd 5 8 in my books is still Aaron Mauger...

don't know why Tana is mentioned as he played wing and centre..nonu is a 2nd 5 8

Well, I mean I guess Tana did play quite a bit of 2nd 5/8th in 2005..

when Nonu plays next to a good flyhalf, then nonu is good... next to an avg one, nonu is avg...

its weird... so I don't know if carter/cruden brings out the best in nonu or if they make him look good...

lol on a good day nonu is good... on a bad day he's bad... so I don't know...

best 2nd 5 8 in my books is still Aaron Mauger...

don't know why Tana is mentioned as he played wing and centre..nonu is a 2nd 5 8

he knows he'll get an AB's pay cheque regardless of how he plays domestically so why bother over exert himself...****** me off...its lazy

i guess my idea would be to have the next guy lined up before Nonu is gone. I dont think these rookies get enough coming on for ten minutes and then suddenly starting. I would start with them knowing nonu was on the bench to step in and tidy up or prove a point

he knows he'll get an AB's pay cheque regardless of how he plays domestically so why bother over exert himself...****** me off...its lazy

i guess my idea would be to have the next guy lined up before Nonu is gone. I dont think these rookies get enough coming on for ten minutes and then suddenly starting. I would start with them knowing nonu was on the bench to step in and tidy up or prove a point

You know this for a fact? Did you interview Nonu and he gave you personal info??

no but i have watched him play for the highlanders all season (when he wasn't banned) and he's missed loads of tackles only to just turn and trot back into line...not even after the ball. I've seen him try in put in those chips or grubbers, he manged to pull off for the AB's so well, and then not run after them, it leaves the wing (if he was lucky enough to re gather) completely isolated.

He doens't run half as much domestically as he does for the AB's

Nonu might be going to play either in Europe or for the Stormers! Thats what I heard in the media anyway.

I think Nonu and De Villiers would be a lethal combination.

He says the odd thing that you'd usually expect to hear from a petulant schoolgirl like, "I can't believe you stared us out after the haka, people have died for less!!!!" Then you have the eyeliner... Siouxie Sioux he ain't.

I think he's entertaining. I guess he has a lot in common with Bret Micheals who is the singer in Poison. Oh and Richard Cockerill of course. I reckon all three of them should be locked in a room for a month and then we'll open the door and see who's eaten who. Not holding much hope out for Bret.

He has never grown up. Just watched the after match video from Saturday and he's pulling gangsta signs etc - He's 31 now, should be captain material. He is still our best 12 and probably top 2-3 in the world. If his short kicking game hadn't developed this season then I would say his time is up but he has adapted himself, so he stays!

Nonu might be going to play either in Europe or for the Stormers! Thats what I heard in the media anyway.

I think Nonu and De Villiers would be a lethal combination.

o_O

The Nonu kiss-of-death.. just the thing we need after a dreadful 2013. I really hope this is just media speculation. SBW was also touted as was Quade Cooper. Wonder why we always end up as the butt of these jokes.. oh, wait, our administration is the punchline, I get it now.

JdV has come into some form again and then we have JdJ who is a difference maker for us in CC and looking pretty decent right now. On top of that we have 2 promising up-and-coming centers in Damian de Allende and Pat Howard. I really hope Nonu goes to France if NZ can't make room for him.

EDIT; now a big winger.. we could do with one of those seeing as Aplon and Kolbe are pretty light. And a quality pairing in the halves.. while we are still looking for a tighthead to fill the void of Mujati leaving in 1935 (it seems).

Last edited:
Is speculation Nonu is going to the Stormers just on JdVs comments? If so I htink that was just a throw a way commet in part to have a crack at how ridulas the situation is with Nonu. First pickfor the National team but not one of 5 NZ franchises want a bar of him.... Ahhh..... such a shame. However he is still the best 12 we have in the country, and the most experienced...so what do you do?

He played very well v SA IMO until the dumb yellow! Rightfuly he will be remembered in that game for ANOTHER dumb yellow card and not the very good game played prior to it! His fault - he is a dumb ass!

Francis saili hasnt been taken to arg or sa by selectors... nonu gonna play both!

Latest posts