Best combination

• Luke McAlister

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isaia Toeava

• Conrad Smith

• Total voters
<div class='quotemain'> Yes, young Skywalker is very touchy about players that do not use hair cream, which goes hand in hand with players that play for the Blues... ie; play for the blues, use hair cream - otherwise get shipped off to Hamilton. [/b]

Which is why Lavea had to be shipped off to Waikato - It was shame to lose such a talented genius and future All Black Fly Half (It was only a matter of time before Carter was dropped for him), but he was hogging it all and McAlisters hair was suffering.

He is isn't he? they were tiipping Conrad and Luke to be the center pairing for the WC last year[/b]

That doesn't really mean much, last year during the Tri Nations people were most likely saying it was going to be Mauger and Mils. You can hardly say he's a proven international when he's only played in blow outs during the end of year **** ups against the North and 8 minutes against an understrength Springbok team [/b][/quote] hes more proven than toeava who was strangely absent last night. he didn't do anything wrong but he didn't spark much either.

Toeava was absent in the First Half, but he was strong in the Second Half when they finally started spreading the ball.

Anyone else notice Toeava not spilling the ball? I thought that was a great sign of him growing into his role. The one time he lost control he regathered it.. Good signs..

Only reason why I like Conrad Smith is because of how good he is in the tackle on defence .. The amount of turnovers he produces is awesome, like a loose forward in the backs.. Something Tana was very good at..

If only Toeava could do this..

If only Toeava could do this..[/b]

He can do it. If I remembered correctly in the ABs vs Boks game in Durban, Toeava earned a penalty for the ABs doing just that. He tackled the player and staright away got to his feet to steal the ball but the Bok player was penalised for not releasing.

As for the AB midfield, I'm sorry folks but I'm gonna side with Ripper on this one. McAlister & Toeava is the second coming of Little & Bunce combination. Give them time and they will tear apart all opposition in France....hell, they did it for the Blues.

As for Smith, to be honest I'm not really a big fan of him. What he brings to the table is slightly less than what Toeava brings.

Yeah but he doesn't he do it as often enough as I'd like.

Conrad usually has a steal once or twice a match.

Hmmm, for the World Cup, I'd pick Mauger and Toeva, I just think you need to have someone there with experience (Mauger). McAlister is playing awesome, but when the crap hit's the fan, you need someone who's been there, and I think Mauger is solid, it's like having Mike Catt outside Johnny Wilkinson.

Experience is so key.

For the future, I'd have McAlister and Toeva, they're definitely for the future, and to have Conrad Smith too is awesome for NZ. Smith may not have the power or pace as Toeve, but he's a 'classic' centre, he's dependable, he'll get the ball out to the outsides (wings and fullback), he runs good lines and he's from Wellington ;o)

Is Conrad back from injury yet? If he is i'd put him at 13 and McCallister at 12. I've got a deep rooted hatred of Mauger for some reason...

Latest posts