• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks v Wallabies - Bledisloe 1 (7/8/2021)

Anyone give the Wallabies a shot in this one?. I've got a feeling that this game could be a lot closer than the bookies seem to think. The Aussies have had 3 very tough tests against France which will have served them in good stead. The All Blacks were pushed by Fiji in the first test but probably haven't had their best team out in any game so far this year so it may take time for the combinations to gel. I think the ABs will win in the end but I think the Wallabies will get closer than they have for a long time at Eden Park. NZ by 8.

i don't think anyone gave them a shot last year and look what happened so there is obviously a chance, just getting home over a 3rd string french side isn;t the best buildup but or games weren't exactly the best either

i don't think anyone gave them a shot last year and look what happened so there is obviously a chance, just getting home over a 3rd string french side isn;t the best buildup but or games weren't exactly the best either
The Wallabies will have to improve several notches from the French Series to compete with the ABs but I think they will step it up. Will be interesting to see both teams when announced because I don't think either coach picked their best 15 for any of the July games. I think the Aussie team in particular could look very different to the one that played France.

The Wallabies will have to improve several notches from the French Series to compete with the ABs but I think they will step it up. Will be interesting to see both teams when announced because I don't think either coach picked their best 15 for any of the July games. I think the Aussie team in particular could look very different to the one that played France.
I think the wallabies did pick their best if what was available, but by the third test they made some changes to get fresh players out there.

the all blacks last test was mostly what they thought was their best from what was available, with small adjustments to give players the game time they needed.

Some things will have changed since then of course.

i dont know who is available in the propping department for the all blacks, someone said de grrot was in for ofa, another source said he was in for moody.

they could go with either taylor or coles, for me its coles. But i dont know who is fit.

whitelock obviously starts. But the other starter and the reserve its hard to know. Scott has been the best performer, retallick has the most credit in the bank, and tuipolotu brings a physical presence we might think we need. Certainly id be surprised if at least one of akira and patty wasnt starting, for physical presence. If patrick starts hoskins is a chance, otherwise its got to be luke at 8 and akira at 6. Savea at seven is an obvipus choice; he wasnt great by his standards last game but had had a lit if time out. Dalton on the reserves. In saying that, it is only australia, maybe we dont need physical presence.

midfield i dont know. Hard to leave out havili or alb but rieko is the game breaker. Dont know.

jordan and reece on the wings.

Mckenzie or beauden at fullback.

weber on the reserves.

there are going to be some big name or in form players missing out on the 23. One of Jordie or beauden or mckenzie or alb or ione or havili or jordan or reece. One of scott or brodie or patty. One of akira or sotutu or papalii or jacobson.

Last edited:
Stood down for one week for having a few beers, when Sevu Reece only gets two for turning a woman's face into mince meat

Stood down for one week for having a few beers, when Sevu Reece only gets two for turning a woman's face into mince meat
I dont remember sevu reece getting any kind of suspension, although connacht suspended him for infinite games by tearing up his contract, ironically after the main reason he escaped conviction was because connachts policy was to not hire players with convictions.

I dont remember sevu reece getting any kind of suspension, although connacht suspended him for infinite games by tearing up his contract, ironically after the main reason he escaped conviction was because connachts policy was to not hire players with convictions.
Ah, who's the other lad who got suspended recently for doing the same?

What happened to the no dickheads policy for the ABs?

What happened to the no dickheads policy for the ABs?
If the past is anything to go by then that policy is aimed more towards getting rid of guys who are a bit **** on a night out rather than rooting out men who have committed violent crimes against women (or men or seals).

If the past is anything to go by then that policy is aimed more towards getting rid of guys who are a bit **** on a night out rather than rooting out men who have committed violent crimes against women (or men or seals).
Had to google that last bit.

E7-9NjIVkAE0Un_

good team. go black
not without areas worth critique, bower is a solid super level prop...how hes getting starts over de groot who has a real future ahead of him is a surprise

DMac is a proven impact/super sub, can tear a tiring defence apart...but has no where near the same impact starting...so we start him

Shows what i know. Jacobson has been the standout 8, and ardie has history if being a standout 7. I guess i picked the 4 loosies correctly, just not who was starting. I thought the starting three would be the finishing three, with luke starting at 8 and ardie at 7. Will be interesting to see if thats the finishing three.

bower did not play well, gave away maybe 4 penalties in his last game. But i guess de groot isnt ready for tupou in the scrum.

i would have thought jordan was a definite even though he didnt play that well against tonga and has shown weakness in pressure games. He is still the guy with unique promise, that i thought theyd want to keep developing. You kinda feel that way about hoskins too, but you can see whu hes not there.

glad dmac is there even if i do t think he deserves it.

cant wait for the game

I guess I will never understand why does Ardie have to be picked again in an out of position role, when one could have easily gone with Jacobson at 8, him at 7 and Akira at 6, with Papal'ii coming off the bench.

As much as I like DMac's X Factor, he's clearly far more suited for a bench role than a starting spot.

you could also argue Paps deserves to start ahead of Ardie, he's had a great season