• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Rugby Fans PLEASE HELP!!

C

csurugbyhooker

Cheers-

I created a petition that will be sent to the ESPN Programming Department to lobby for rugby coverage on ESPN's basic cable ESPN/ESPN2 channels. I find it inconceivable that a sport with as much tradition and excitement as rugby is not made available to the general public on basic cable. Many of us cannot afford the expensive premium channels that now broadcast rugby, so we're hoping that ESPN will give rugby the coverage it deserves to appease its hungry fan base. It'll sure beat poker, paintball, the spelling bee, and scrabble, non-sports which ESPN broadcasts regularly.

Here is the link to the petition:
Broadcast Rugby on ESPN Petition(Note: If you outside the US or Canada, please don't list your location when you fill out the petition) Also, I ask that you please keep the comments civil if you choose to post one.

The full text of the petition can be read at the above link. It takes only ten seconds to fill the petition out. Forward this petition link to as many people as possible to further this cause. My goal is to collect 100,000+ signatures. Right now, there are just over 8,000 signatures. Thanks.

Dan Kaplan
Cleveland State University

:locked:

What use does that have in the EA thread, it is in the General and that is all that is needed. I can understand it being something you believe in. However this sort of thing will just annoy.

BM

Is this not a thread about EA Rugby? Hmm... a rugby petition link on a message board for people who play rugby video games. Sorry to interrupt your precious video game playing time with such off-topic matter. And excuse my ignorance for thinking that people might actually want to see LIVE rugby instead of animated rugby.

Originally posted by csurugbyhooker@Jun 12 2006, 10:01 AM
Is this not a thread about EA Rugby? Hmm... a rugby petition link on a message board for people who play rugby video games. Sorry to interrupt your precious video game playing time with such off-topic matter. And excuse my ignorance for thinking that people might actually want to see LIVE rugby instead of animated rugby.
Thats right! You tell us what we want.

Shall I start an "Arrogant Git" thread in the EA sports series as well?

Originally posted by csurugbyhooker@Jun 12 2006, 10:01 AM
Right, the age old one of insulting someone because you feel pressured. I am certainly not signing your petition now, I'll watch some rugby on sky instead.

BM

Be nice guys, his post may be in the wrong thread but his heart is in the right place. Hes trying to do something for rugby (albeit futile) and he did come to the 'the rugby forum' Its pretty quiet here at the moment, and just out of bordem a newbie to beat up can be fun, but I understand how frustrating it must be for someone who dosent get to watch rugby. ESPN just picked up the hockey finals (witch has lower ratings than womens softball ATM) so who knows maybe, one day instead of scrabble.

I was watching an old episode of friends the other night( the rugby episode) and the guys were watching rugby on ESPN, he he. :D

CeeJay,

yeah i saw that eppisode as well :) i love friends
i am not annoyed that he put it in this part of the forum, i am annoyed he put it in both that is all

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jun 12 2006, 12:05 PM
Be nice guys, his post may be in the wrong thread but his heart is in the right place. Hes trying to do something for rugby (albeit futile) and he did come to the 'the rugby forum' Its pretty quiet here at the moment, and just out of bordem a newbie to beat up can be fun, but I understand how frustrating it must be for someone who dosent get to watch rugby.

Yeah, fair enough, Ceejay, but "Heart in the right place"? I was only respnding to this though:

Is this not a thread about EA Rugby? Hmm... a rugby petition link on a message board for people who play rugby video games. Sorry to interrupt your precious video game playing time with such off-topic matter. And excuse my ignorance for thinking that people might actually want to see LIVE rugby instead of animated rugby. [/b]

It seemed more than a little rude to Black-Monday, who was fairly polite to start with.

I know he was rude, but I can understand. Hes obviously real passionate about rugby, any one who starts petition like this would hav to be. So , where will he go with this petition? The official rugby forum of course! Posting it in two threads shows just how desperate he is for some rugby!! He probably thought he would find a bunch of guys that would share his view or at least sympathise, and when he got a negative response he was probably taken back. Anyway, theres no way you should put up with rudeness, but people who are passionate about rugby dont hav many places to go, so we should be patient with people who dont read or obey the posting rules to begin with, unless of corse they behave like los lover. I know ive joind plnty of forums in the past and asked an important question, only to be given the cold shoulder by the locals, but TRF has always been great. Yeez, I think I took too many B nice to noobs pills this morning! :blink:

Its alright to get rude if your a member whos actually trying to show his point or have some fun with someone that is seen regulaly but if you are just new and your second or third post is an insult to someone who dosnt even desirve it in this case, then the chances of me signing your petition is a big fat 0! If you act that way here, what are ESPN going to do to you?

BTW this isnt an insult its just showing my non support for someone doing things the wroung way.

Latest posts