• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Almost feeling sorry for Quade Cooper

duncanb

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
With ever growing list of injuries in the back's for the Aussies is there no chance Mr Deans will build bridges or bite the bullit and call him up QC ; JOC clearly not good enough at 10 (although is elsewhere.) or has Mr Cooper burnt all his till Deans quit's/sacked contract not renewed all or some of below will not make next week.

Pat McCabe ( neck)
Digby Ioane (shoulder)
Adam Ashley Cooper (shoulder)
Berrick Barnes (head)
Christian Leali'fano ( concussion)

What next U20's No10 being called up??

I can't really sorry for Quade Cooper. He really made his own bed by attacking the head coach while still in the team - then saying that he wouldn't play for the team unless the enviroment changed. No matter what Deans says, I'm sure that's one reason he isn't selected.

Another obvious one is the Lions have big backs and Quade Cooper is a revolving door on defense. Matt Toomoa will most likely get called up to make his debut ahead of QC, with JOC moving to 12. I guess we'll really see if Deans does rate Cooper - as losing this game will certainly put the nail in his career as national coach.

As Nick said, what Cooper did was stupid and he has only himself to blame.

I'd like to see Toomua called up, I really rate him.

For the next test I'd probably go for (if all the injured players are out)
9. Genia,
10. Beale,
11. Ioane
12. O'Connor,
13. ???
14. Cummins
15. Folau

Can't think of any 13s off of the top of my head. Who's the Brumbies guy who went through/over Wade and Kearney? Kuridrani?

I dont feel sorry for quade. He didnt tow the company line and in business when you do the same, you are out.

Kuridrani would make a great debutant at 13, but I know deans will pit a.faingaa in that spot especially if roberts or tuilangi line up ther for the lions.

Matt Giteau and Quade Cooper! Wallabies should nationalized Robbie Fruean, hahahaha

What Cooper did by publicly criticising Deans was wrong. But I don't thing Deans has handled it very well. Cooper should have been disciplined, ordered to apologise and the incident forgotten. He's been playing well this season, but Deans has not selected him, citing reasons such as poor defence etc when really it's because of the public spat they had. Cooper's defence isn't the best, but it's not as bad as people make out. He had 120Kg farmer boys running at him all day when they knocked South Africa out of the World Cup in 2011 and they never got over the line. Against the Lions, he was all over the park, chasing wingers down, his work rate was phenomenal. The fact that QC can't get into the squad even with 4+ backs injured is ridiculous. It's almost like Deans is willing to sacrifice victory over the Lions just to prove a point to Cooper.

What Cooper did by publicly criticising Deans was wrong. But I don't thing Deans has handled it very well. Cooper should have been disciplined, ordered to apologise and the incident forgotten. He's been playing well this season, but Deans has not selected him, citing reasons such as poor defence etc when really it's because of the public spat they had. Cooper's defence isn't the best, but it's not as bad as people make out. He had 120Kg farmer boys running at him all day when they knocked South Africa out of the World Cup in 2011 and they never got over the line. Against the Lions, he was all over the park, chasing wingers down, his work rate was phenomenal. The fact that QC can't get into the squad even with 4+ backs injured is ridiculous. It's almost like Deans is willing to sacrifice victory over the Lions just to prove a point to Cooper.

Well I guess the moral of the story is that his decisions have consequences.

I personally get sick of people treating professional rugby union players like children, who aren't really culpable for their actions and a public apology makes everything go away. He had chances to make the thing go away, he tweeted crap and then a few days later went on a sky television show - with time to reflect what he said - and then continued to dig. If I slagged off my job and boss on television and called the enviroment toxic - I'd see my things packed up on my desk the next day, regardless of how well I've performed at my job in the past. Especially when one of the motives for doing so was to work my other boss into the job.

As it is Matt Toomua has been playing really well for the Brumbies, he has very good defense and he hasn't talked sh*t about Robbie Deans.

Last edited:
I can't really sorry for Quade Cooper. He really made his own bed by attacking the head coach while still in the team - then saying that he wouldn't play for the team unless the enviroment changed. No matter what Deans says, I'm sure that's one reason he isn't selected.

Another obvious one is the Lions have big backs and Quade Cooper is a revolving door on defense. Matt Toomoa will most likely get called up to make his debut ahead of QC, with JOC moving to 12. I guess we'll really see if Deans does rate Cooper - as losing this game will certainly put the nail in his career as national coach.

Cooper is not so much a revolving door as he is a traffic pointsman.

Deans used to do the old switcheroo with Cooper, 5/8 on attack, fullback on defence, but with the size of those Lions backs you can't even do that with him.

If I slagged off my job on boss on television and called the enviroment toxic - I'd see my things packed up on my desk the next day, regardless of how well I've performed at my job in the past. Especially when one of the motives for doing so was to work my other boss into the job

Exactly right. If you have a problem at work, you speak to HR in confidence and the problem is dealt with internally. If you have a problem at work and start undermining your bosses to your colleagues and customers then you will be shown the door. Cooper's actions are no different. If he had raised it internally with the player welfare officer and it was dealt with internally, he's probably still be wearing 10 on his back.

Deans is right in not picking him due to their disagreement but he should come out say thats the reason not BS the media about his game management and defense which have been much better this year than in the past when hes picked him.

. If I slagged off my job and boss on television and called the enviroment toxic - I'd see my things packed up on my desk the next day, regardless of how well I've performed at my job in the past. Especially when one of the motives for doing so was to work my other boss into the job.

Good point. I guess what irks me is the point lynam1104 made, Deans is obviously not picking him due to the disagreement they had, but is making out to the media, it's because of his on-field performances. And that is just bullsh*t. He's been playing really well and he can do a job for the Wallabies.

If I slagged off my job and boss on television and called the enviroment toxic - I'd see my things packed up on my desk the next day, regardless of how well I've performed at my job in the past. Especially when one of the motives for doing so was to work my other boss into the job.

You would certainly be awarded the DCM if you worked for me!!

Good point. I guess what irks me is the point lynam1104 made, Deans is obviously not picking him due to the disagreement they had, but is making out to the media, it's because of his on-field performances. And that is just bullsh*t. He's been playing really well and he can do a job for the Wallabies.
Old Dingo Deans has a history of this too. He did the same crap with Christian Cullen and Andrew Mehrtens when he coached the AB's.

Old Dingo Deans has a history of this too. He did the same crap with Christian Cullen and Andrew Mehrtens when he coached the AB's.

No. That was Coach Mitch

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

The stupid thing is, Deans is hurting himself. He did this with Giteau during the World Cup.

No. That was Coach Mitch

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Robbie was the assistant though, and he was the one quoted in the papers making up stupid reasons for leaving Cullen out. Remember when he said Cullen held the ball wrong? It would be funny if it didn't ruin the AB career of my childhood idol.

Robbie was the assistant though, and he was the one quoted in the papers making up stupid reasons for leaving Cullen out. Remember when he said Cullen held the ball wrong? It would be funny if it didn't ruin the AB career of my childhood idol.

Yeah I loved watching CC catch the ball and run it back from deep. Awesome to watch!

Yeah I loved watching CC catch the ball and run it back from deep. Awesome to watch!
Cooper_zpsd3a51819.jpg

Haha - I had a rugby training with Christian Cullen last Wednesday. It was mean, got some good advice and a few photos with the guy - but I was mad that I didn't bring along a poster or something so I could ask him to sign "***** Deans and Mitchell" Christian Cullen.

Haha - I had a rugby training with Christian Cullen last Wednesday. It was mean, got some good advice and a few photos with the guy - but I was mad that I didn't bring along a poster or something so I could ask him to sign "***** Deans and Mitchell" Christian Cullen.
I still SMH at this. Took it personally.

Latest posts