• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AMNRL

G

goranski

since most teams are aussie-affiliated i guess i might as well post this here...

anyway i went and saw the fairfax eagles (affiliated with Manly Sea Eagles) play the dc slayers last weekend in reston, virginia - probably was one of about 20-30 curious onlookers, had to leave before the end of the match but i took some pics which i can post later.

I think Fairfax won, they made a big comeback after falling behind to two tries early in the game and pounded the slayers for much of the rest of the 1st half and beginning/middle of the second, both teams looked in real good shape i guess they must have had a good preseason - i know fairfax had a few aussies in their team and dc looked like they had quite a few massive guys, islanders?

it was almost 100 degrees on the day, I was actually quite happy when the field sprinklers turned on right in the middle of the game and doused the players as well as the tiny stand :cheers:

i played in the AMNRL for New York lasy summer. its a good comp, bit of a mix of teams, three or four very strong sides then decent mid table and absolute donkeys at the bottom but seems to be a bit of money behind it and the teams take it very seriusly. loads of aussies involved, our team had a guy who'd played scrumhlaf for the tigers in the NRL so there was a good standard there.
its a total minority sport though, makes rugby union look well established in the states by comparison

I've been thinking about moving to the US and have been checking out the AMNRL, does anyone know where to get some footage of their games?

There are 2 teams in the area. I've been wanting to check them out for a while.

I would love to see the pics though.

I think Jacksonville has some footage either on or linked to their site, some on youtube too.

Latest posts