• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

An Honest preiview of Rugby 2005

• Thread starter BOKBEFOK RUGGA 2004,05->>
  • Start date
Sounds reasonably promising. The best review, when it arrives, will of course be locksley's.

It's nice to read a non-EA preview, especially as this one admits that R2004 was gash.

Can somebody please post this report on here. I can't view the report from work.
Thanks in advance..
sev

Rugby 2005 - Preview
Release Date Publisher Developer Anticipation Players Price
17/3/2005 EA Sports HB Studios 1-4 $99.95

Graphics look improved - thankfully.
Rugby isn't a sport I generally like, hell I even prefer NFL. But no matter the sport there can always be a good game to go with it. I enjoyed NRL Rugby League when it was released. In fact that game put EA's ***le (yes I realise it's a slightly different sport) to shame and given the money and teams that EA has working for it was a major shock. In fact Rugby 2004 was actually one of the least exciting games to play in quite some time. Electronic Arts have been listening to comments and with Rugby 2005 look set to make amends with a very solid ***le indeed.

Kicking for goal...
EA Sports Rugby 2005 incorporates all the major Rugby teams, players, and tournaments, including the Tri-Nations, Super 12 and many more authentic and prestigious events from the world of Rugby. Not only can you play in all of the leagues, but you can now play in prestigious tournaments such as the Heineken/European Cup or Lion's Tour.

This game includes on-the-fly play-calling, right analog stick controls for fakes and crushing hits and improved kicking control. The game also features a ‘Rugby 101’ training mode outlining the rules, controls, and tactics of the sport through videos and interactive challenges. Training pitch mode offers challenge-based training drills using advanced controls, as well as a "Get in the Game" tutorial for users to grasp rugby basics through a pick up-and-play orientation.

Damn All Blacks....
Graphically it's clear to see from these screens (even if they aren't from the actual gameplay viewpoint) that the game looks much sharper then last years effort. Once again Electronic Arts have used motion capture to increase the realism while the stadiums have all be realistically modeled. The developers have also bumped up the detail on the player models for more realism and likeness to the actual players with the top 100 players now "including star heads" - which I assume means includes real texture mapping. The Creation Zone allows you to create players based on their own likenesses, classic players of the game, or any other characters you wish to place in Rugby 2005.

Got him!
Audio-wise the developers, HB Studios, are promising improved crowd reactions, songs and chants - let's hope so, the previous ***le was pretty average. Certainly another area the really needs dramatic improvement is the commentary and as yet we haven't heard anything on this aspect of the new game other then it would be improved, which wouldn't be too hard really.

With a release set for March Rugby fans only have about two months until this ***les release here in Australia. Will Rugby 2005 be a great, or even good, game? I'm not sure, but here's hoping...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problem i have with this is that it appears they havent had hands on experience with the new ***le

no play test, no in depth videos,

it appears they have copied and pasted from other sites (maybe Umosays), and edited all the info to suit their write up

"Graphically it's clear to see from these screens (even if they aren't from the actual gameplay viewpoint) that the game looks much sharper then last years effort." = WELL JESUS AGE CHRIST WE DIDNT KNOW THAT

"Audio-wise the developers, HB Studios, are promising improved crowd reactions, songs and chants - let's hope so, the previous ***le was pretty average. " = ANDREW WILSON HAS PROMISED THE WHOLE WWW THIS!!!

all write-ups to 2004 sounded like this.

Hmmm, still doesnt say anything about Create a Team, shouldnt be that hard, I mean if EA can put Create-A-Stadium in their games...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 19 2005, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, still doesnt say anything about Create a Team, shouldnt be that hard, I mean if EA can put Create-A-Stadium in their games...
Well, FIFA 2005 didn't have create-a-team, only create-a-player! Wether Rugby 05 will have it, only time will tell!!!

yeah ... FIFA 2005 was missing it, so I'd say we will too... altho there was plenty of disgruntled fans who voiced there opinions on forms in relation to Create-a-team not being featured - so maybe they've listened to that and included it for us (hardly likely)

tho FIFA 2005 on the PC had some extra software released recently (or will be released soon) that allows alot of the game to be edited and created, from teams & players to competitions and jerseys etc, perhaps that might happen for the PC version of R2005?

... hopefully these and the many other questions will be answered before too long. There's only another 2 weeks or so left of January and I'd expect more solid info released officially or from other sources before we hit February...

Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 19 2005, 10:41 AM
The thing is of course, EA don't actually create many games... it's the developement studios under them that do it, and it doesn't seem like they're willing to share information all the time...

I doubt this will have create a team. Whats the point in having create a player if you can't create teams? Who really wants to put themselves into a pro team..? would rather make teams like SJRL

Originally posted by umosay@Jan 19 2005, 09:37 PM
I doubt this will have create a team. Whats the point in having create a player if you can't create teams? Who really wants to put themselves into a pro team..? would rather make teams like SJRL
You'll be able to create famous past players and other favourites (ie. NPC players) otherwise not in the game.

They may appear as free agents in the rugby 2005 "master league" thingy.

Any word of that being included????

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 19 2005, 10:26 AM
the problem i have with this is that it appears they havent had hands on experience with the new ***le

no play test, no in depth videos,

it appears they have copied and pasted from other sites (maybe Umosays), and edited all the info to suit their write up

"Graphically it's clear to see from these screens (even if they aren't from the actual gameplay viewpoint) that the game looks much sharper then last years effort." = WELL JESUS AGE CHRIST WE DIDNT KNOW THAT

"Audio-wise the developers, HB Studios, are promising improved crowd reactions, songs and chants - let's hope so, the previous ***le was pretty average. " = ANDREW WILSON HAS PROMISED THE WHOLE WWW THIS!!!

all write-ups to 2004 sounded like this.
I agree.

What kind of a 'preview' is this? Methinks they just knocked it up after watching the trailer, saw some screens, and read the releases.

It's still a good find, as this website is keen on getting info out there, albeit what everyone knows, and being able to say, "We gotta preview, boo-yaaa!"

And ak47, it's "Jesus H. Christ," for the exclamation.

I think it stands for 'Herschel.'

He was Jewish, afterall . . .

We still dont have anything to go on whatsoever and until someone who's rubgy minded gets their hands on it, the jury has to be still completely out on what to expect.

Personally im at there being 35% chance of it shocking me and it being a good game stage. At best im thinking it will be playable but with many annoying aspects.

Im also predicting that the world will end on 1 March 05
<

Latest posts