• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

And so it ends........

L

Los Lover

So whose unable to continue even on hard level? There will be a few.

The odd game is tough - especially if your a weaker team or you play a strong side in a tournament......but it's all over for my current world league team in terms of competition as all out carnage is occurring! Noooooooo.....

I finished with the first division trophy two times over and was putting 60 points on teams - 80 in one! - (20 minute games)...Shook the monkey off the back though with a victory in season five's knockout cup (had lost previous four!)....so to find unlockables have only Six Nations and Euro league to go...
<

After collecting a further 180 points for the two ***les and buying a further four players, my current team is too devastating a unit to continue playing with but I have saved it for two player games and the odd throw about in the future.

The final Northampton team was (!! I am Blues fan but wanted awesome teams to compete against etc):

1. Trevor Woodman
2. Jeremy Paul
3. Os Du Randt
4. Ape Naevo
5. Victor Matfield
6. Shalk Burger
7. George Smith
8. Joe Van Niekirk
9. Pichot
10. Johnny Wilkinson
11. Rupeni Caucaunibua
12. Me!
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Rico Gear (created)
15. Jason Robinson

reserves: Tuilevu, Ohata (Jap wing - 98 pace)

Still...you can eventually score some ripsnorting tries!!

In my last season of division 1 (third time through)...the try scoring competition between the two fastest wingers in the game got out of hand! lol....

BOD - 18
Caucaunibuca - 23

But - proving that there is no substitute for pace even if you do turn the ball over more and drop it from time to time.....

Ohata (Onohota) - 28 tries! Holy.....&*%$!

I suppose the option is to play uper 12s and World Cups with lesser teams/ medium teams.....like Hurricanes who have bad stats but a good squad of players for big plays etc......

Anyway...what I'm wondering is if anyone has any ideas for continuing on hard for people who play with good teams? Like Blues or NZ? same for ENG, France, SA I guess....Brumbies etc........cos you need pace...but too much can be..well...too much of a good thing.

I was thinking....

Using squad management to place internationals from the north into the super 12 line-ups (quite quick to use actually) where there were any weaknesses and going in with a naked team (no creations - except on oppositions like recreated Lomu and Gear like I had to do).....Could be good.

Obviously vice versa would apply to NH comp using SH players who weren't already (! hehe) involved.

<

I guess I'm saying that we mustn't lose sight of further challenges in the game despite the carnage that can be had with a top side (or as above practically the best going), until RL2 and BLIC 2005 - wahoooooo!

TIP - BLIC will be better than Cricket 2005 - I'd stake my life on it.

EA and their rush jobs - sorry off topic.

Ramble over - those teams better unlock when this game's clocked (on Hard) in the next week gosh darnit!

Originally posted by Los Lover@Apr 6 2005, 03:39 AM
So whose unable to continue even on hard level? There will be a few.

The odd game is tough - especially if your a weaker team or you play a strong side in a tournament......but it's all over for my current world league team in terms of competition as all out carnage is occurring! Noooooooo.....

I finished with the first division trophy two times over and was putting 60 points on teams - 80 in one! - (20 minute games)...Shook the monkey off the back though with a victory in season five's knockout cup (had lost previous four!)....so to find unlockables have only Six Nations and Euro league to go...
<

After collecting a further 180 points for the two ***les and buying a further four players, my current team is too devastating a unit to continue playing with but I have saved it for two player games and the odd throw about in the future.

The final Northampton team was (!! I am Blues fan but wanted awesome teams to compete against etc):

1. Trevor Woodman
2. Jeremy Paul
3. Os Du Randt
4. Ape Naevo
5. Victor Matfield
6. Shalk Burger
7. George Smith
8. Joe Van Niekirk
9. Pichot
10. Johnny Wilkinson
11. Rupeni Caucaunibua
12. Me!
13. Brian O'Driscoll
14. Rico Gear (created)
15. Jason Robinson

reserves: Tuilevu, Ohata (Jap wing - 98 pace)

Still...you can eventually score some ripsnorting tries!!

In my last season of division 1 (third time through)...the try scoring competition between the two fastest wingers in the game got out of hand! lol....

BOD - 18
Caucaunibuca - 23

But - proving that there is no substitute for pace even if you do turn the ball over more and drop it from time to time.....

Ohata (Onohota) - 28 tries! Holy.....&*%$!

I suppose the option is to play uper 12s and World Cups with lesser teams/ medium teams.....like Hurricanes who have bad stats but a good squad of players for big plays etc......

Anyway...what I'm wondering is if anyone has any ideas for continuing on hard for people who play with good teams? Like Blues or NZ? same for ENG, France, SA I guess....Brumbies etc........cos you need pace...but too much can be..well...too much of a good thing.

I was thinking....

Using squad management to place internationals from the north into the super 12 line-ups (quite quick to use actually) where there were any weaknesses and going in with a naked team (no creations - except on oppositions like recreated Lomu and Gear like I had to do).....Could be good.

Obviously vice versa would apply to NH comp using SH players who weren't already (! hehe) involved.

<

I guess I'm saying that we mustn't lose sight of further challenges in the game despite the carnage that can be had with a top side (or as above practically the best going), until RL2 and BLIC 2005 - wahoooooo!

TIP - BLIC will be better than Cricket 2005 - I'd stake my life on it.

EA and their rush jobs - sorry off topic.

Ramble over - those teams better unlock when this game's clocked (on Hard) in the next week gosh darnit!
Hey Los,

I think the answer is use the same teams but chose different, weaker squads. I was finding the same playing as England. I was beginning to steamroller other sides so I chose the 2005 squad and games are now much more of a challenge. For instance i got beaten by Argentina in my first match!

I'm playing as bath in the European cup and having some great games. Got beaten by Leinster but beat Gloucester comfortably. I know doesn't make sense.

I think, like in real life, it won't take long to beat any side with the best in the world. Use some less tallented players and its a whole new ball game!

Failing that you can introduce some rules to even things out a bit

Originally posted by cavan@Apr 6 2005, 05:19 AM
Using super fast wingers is cheese of the highest proportion.
Haha!!!

Yeah but you're really struggling and you NEED to and then you're like...

f***! I'm destroying them!!

It's a catch 22!!!

They weren't created...just FAST..
<

Don't pick wingers that have such high speed stats. 80 or 85 should be enough to finish off any score. You just need to put them into space by playing proper rugby.
<

hey! I put them inspace alright......my skills are mint! Next time around i will purchase Rokocoko and Cohen or something......

Pace is a real asset in real life too......anyway....see what you're saying.

Originally posted by cavan@Apr 6 2005, 04:19 AM
Using super fast wingers is cheese of the highest proportion.
<
yeah coz everyone knows wingers arent supposed to be fast
<

F$%^ up ..........i'll choose the fast wingers!
<
<
<

Latest posts