• Poll closed .

-BD

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Sale
So then guys first forum thread?

And being a Sale fan i thought i'd ask you all.

What you think of Andrei Ostrikov is he a good move for Sale coming off the back of a fairly rubbish season:rolleyes:?

-BD

Never seen him - was hoping to catch him playing for Russia during the Churchill Cup but he wasn't
Looking forward to seeing him play during the WC (and then for Sale afterwards)

719802-8570206-317-238.jpg

I haven't seen him play but I know he was being lined up by Top 14 giants Clermont until they later decided to opt to sign Nathan Hines instead. Ostrikov has started virtually every match for Aurillac in ProD2 for the last two seasons so was obviously a vital player in that division, particularly as a big Top 14 side wanted him.

He played at lock normally for Aurillac, but normally plays flanker for Russia because they have a couple of decent locks such as Kulemin at Castres and Adam Byrnes at Melbourne Rebels and the Russian management want to get all of them on the pitch.

Strangely, Sale seem to have a battery of lock/flankers at the moment (Gaskell, McKenzie, Myall and they did have Ormsby, Jones, Cox, Chesney all of whom left) maybe a type of player Steve Diamond likes?

I expect he'll be mainly a lock for Sale, as Gaskell seems to be a flanker at the minute and Myall has played most of his career there also.

Good luck to him though, good to see good players coming from different countries, I hope him and Russia will do well in the future.

rugby.n.jpg

Myall's been signed as a second row rather than a flank, I believe
though I do agree we seem to have signed a bomb load of 2nd/backrows
Think Wame Lewaravu is our only specific lock

Well judging by Diamonds further signings. He wouldnt go out of his way to sign a naff player?
So i just hope we have got rid of the platers we need to and kept the players worth keeping, And the new signings seem to be doing well?
Just need to see against Worcester

His main aim is to beef up the pack

Aha, I agree - will do well at the rucks and I remember him putting in some great tackles in his time, but our scrum is going to get effed next season, unfortunately

Am thinking quite the oppisite, Ok technique might be gone but training at Carrington quite abit for about a season now?
Thats all they work on, But raw strength? I think sale can hold there own

He's been a pro player for 10 years or so and hasn't gotten it right yet, I don't think a few weeks at Carrington will make that much difference

Only if they were any good to start with - can't teach an old dog new tricks etc. :p

I'll always remember the match against N.Z. yes the thrashing he was unreal and amazinly did well in the scrum.

I'll always remember the match against N.Z. yes the thrashing he was unreal and amazinly did well in the scrum.
He didn't but Ireland were playing with a 7 man scrum that day thanks to Jamie Kneeslips moment of stupidity. The scrum wasn't really an issue, it was always going to be bad when down to 7 men. He was brilliant in open play that day though.

Latest posts