Andy Goode signs for Brive

Discussion in 'Aviva Premiership / LV Cup' started by Gavin, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Gavin

Gavin Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ter/7493397.stm

It is an averagely good signing for Brive as Goode will bring experience to the team, as well as stability. This might work out well for England with Toby Flood getting to play more games at fly-half, so in the instance of another Cipriani injury they will have another strong fly-half. Other than that Goode never really delievered on the International scene, also thought that if he lost a bit more weight he would make a great player, but instead he is just a good, solid player.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Nobody will tell the difference between him and Thompson. Pair of lard-arses.

Brive has become the retirement home of disgruntled midlanders it seems.

4. Sir Speedy

Sir Speedy Guest

Good, now the Tigers have the chance to develop a talented player at 10.

5. Gavin

Gavin Guest

Leicester may still try to sign Juan Martin Hernandez, although I don't think he would go after how Leicester treated Marcello Loffreda.

6. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Now that Loffreda's gone I doubt that'll ever happen. Neil Back did a good job of ruing Leicesters chances of ever signing a decent Argentinian again.

7. Gavin

Gavin Guest

Hopefully Neil Back does an awful job at Leeds next year and tastes some of his own medicine when he is sacked after a few months. He could then take a job as a window cleaner and then mysteriously fall from a great height screaming "It was Loffreda and his Argentinian posse"

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

:lol:

9. dcsh

dcsh Guest

Pie sales will be down in Leicester, hope they weren't counting on them to pay the wages ;-)

10. Vambo

Vambo Guest

So... only me who enjoyed watching Goode play then? Not just a great line in facial hair but on his day the man can destroy teams.
    Great signing for Brive.

11. Bull

Bull Guest

According to the Afrikaans Sunday newspaper "Die Rapport" Leicester have signed Derick Hougaard from the Bulls.

12. Gavin

Gavin Guest

Perhaps he has signed for Brive in a bid to sample some fantastic Frech food.

13. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

I didn't know the French make pies.

14. Gavin

Gavin Guest

The French make everything. He might be after the biscuits which are like BN, BN's. Lovely chocolate filled biscuits with the image of a face on each one.

15. I think he could bring a better game in Brive. He is a good goal kicker and it is very important for thaht team. He has a good experience and i think he can be one of the best fly half in top 14. Je lui dis bonne chance.

16. scousetiger

scousetiger Guest

goode was a very mixed player, either brilliant (EDF cup semi vs wasps) or very poor. the trouble was leicester didnt have a decent enough backup fly half,so good was never really challenged for his place, which could of lead to be a little lazy.
    hopefully this season with hougard and flood we will have two well established flyhalves competing with each other and pushing each other

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!