• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Andy Goode signs for Brive

G

Gavin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ter/7493397.stm

England fly-half Andy Goode has joined French club Brive from Leicester Tigers on a two-year contract.

Goode, who has the option for an additional year on his deal, will join compatriots Ben Cohen, Steve Thompson and Ben Johnston at the Top 14 club. The 28-year-old has won nine England caps and was earlier this month named in the 32-man England Saxons squad. He made his debut for the Tigers against Cardiff in 1998 and was last season's Premiership top points scorer. Leicester have already bolstered their fly-half resources for next season with the signing of fellow England international Toby Flood from Newcastle. Brive finished 11th in the French Championship last season and are looking to improve for next season with a number of new recruits. The French club have recruited former Tigers scrum-half Christophe Laussucq as their new skills coach during the close season. [/b]

It is an averagely good signing for Brive as Goode will bring experience to the team, as well as stability. This might work out well for England with Toby Flood getting to play more games at fly-half, so in the instance of another Cipriani injury they will have another strong fly-half. Other than that Goode never really delievered on the International scene, also thought that if he lost a bit more weight he would make a great player, but instead he is just a good, solid player.

Nobody will tell the difference between him and Thompson. Pair of lard-arses.

Brive has become the retirement home of disgruntled midlanders it seems.

Good, now the Tigers have the chance to develop a talented player at 10. [/b]
Leicester may still try to sign Juan Martin Hernandez, although I don't think he would go after how Leicester treated Marcello Loffreda.

Now that Loffreda's gone I doubt that'll ever happen. Neil Back did a good job of ruing Leicesters chances of ever signing a decent Argentinian again.

Now that Loffreda's gone I doubt that'll ever happen. Neil Back did a good job of ruing Leicesters chances of ever signing a decent Argentinian again. [/b]
Hopefully Neil Back does an awful job at Leeds next year and tastes some of his own medicine when he is sacked after a few months. He could then take a job as a window cleaner and then mysteriously fall from a great height screaming "It was Loffreda and his Argentinian posse"

Pie sales will be down in Leicester, hope they weren't counting on them to pay the wages ;-)

So... only me who enjoyed watching Goode play then? Not just a great line in facial hair but on his day the man can destroy teams.
Great signing for Brive.

According to the Afrikaans Sunday newspaper "Die Rapport" Leicester have signed Derick Hougaard from the Bulls.

I didn't know the French make pies. [/b]

The French make everything. He might be after the biscuits which are like BN, BN's. Lovely chocolate filled biscuits with the image of a face on each one.

I think he could bring a better game in Brive. He is a good goal kicker and it is very important for thaht team. He has a good experience and i think he can be one of the best fly half in top 14. Je lui dis bonne chance.

goode was a very mixed player, either brilliant (EDF cup semi vs wasps) or very poor. the trouble was leicester didnt have a decent enough backup fly half,so good was never really challenged for his place, which could of lead to be a little lazy.
hopefully this season with hougard and flood we will have two well established flyhalves competing with each other and pushing each other

Latest posts