• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Animations Are A Joke - Need To Be Sorted For 06!

F

funksoulbrother

The biggest problem with rugby 05 was the animations. You have wait for the animation to finish every time you pressed a button.
This ment you had to press the pass button a second earlier than you should have to every time you wanted to pass before getting tackled.

Also running with the ball felt wrong - unlike Jonah Lomu Rugby where you felt in complete control. In Rugby 05 you had to work against the animations all the time.

As far as Rugby 06 goes - if this problem is still not sorted out then it doesn't matter how good the screens look the game will still be a joke

Now I really don't know how candbum just contributed to the conversation u joke...

I agree with funksoulbrother, I have played Rugby 2005 before and expierienced the same problem - the animations took so long to happen and you couldn't do anything until they finished.

Coco

this is the problem & by the looks of the trailer they have the same animations so it may well be the same slow animations as 05

Definatley not worth holding our breaths over I am sure the gamplay and animation issuses will still be there for sure.

I hope it doesn't - EA certainly have the best looking rugby games, but they don't have the best gameplay. If they can just fine tune that, then they will have the best game on the market.

Coco

Remember trying to pick the ball off the back of the ruck in Rugby 05? It was calamitous. The animation to pick and run left/right was long and didn't end until you had almost gone past the ruck, so you couldn't pick up and pass quickly, and then the tackle animations are so long and drawn out that you are "tackled" as soon as you pick the thing up in the first place.

I challenge anyone to successfully pick up a ball from a ruck, run a yard and make a successful pass to another player on Hard difficulty. I've managed it about three times ever, and that relied on their being absolutely no-one on the blindside and going blind.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 30 2005, 01:50 AM
Remember trying to pick the ball off the back of the ruck in Rugby 05? It was calamitous. The animation to pick and run left/right was long and didn't end until you had almost gone past the ruck, so you couldn't pick up and pass quickly, and then the tackle animations are so long and drawn out that you are "tackled" as soon as you pick the thing up in the first place.

I challenge anyone to successfully pick up a ball from a ruck, run a yard and make a successful pass to another player on Hard difficulty. I've managed it about three times ever, and that relied on their being absolutely no-one on the blindside and going blind.
Theres no doubt the long animation cycle ruins the game's responsiveness - I recon they should do away with motion capture all together.

I find that the motions that occur in games get very repetititive after a while. I think it would be a good idea if EA put in a few different animations for the same option - or more of they have already done this.

Coco

as always i say they should look at lomu - as responsive as it gets - doesnt rely on stupid animations - i get the idea EA Sports rugby is made by people who are not rugby fans so look at it and design it from the wroung point of view.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Dec 30 2005, 06:22 AM
as always i say they should look at lomu - as responsive as it gets - doesnt rely on stupid animations - i get the idea EA Sports rugby is made by people who are not rugby fans so look at it and design it from the wroung point of view.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Theres no doubt the long animation cycle ruins the game's responsiveness - I recon they should do away with motion capture all together.[/b]

Absolutely!!!!!!

So the choice next year will be the little capture animations in the tackle of RC2006 with baby graphics versus the heavy capture animated tackles with fine graphics of R2006.

The one that emulates JLR I reckon hehehe!

if this isnt round 2 of the showdown, then what is

EA v Swordfish

Cricket 2005 v RPIC/BLIC

now its Rugby 2006 v RC2006

Well swordfish have won the 1st round..........padded up and smashed em for 6
Now they lace the boots, get a rub down, and grab mouth guards.

The true winners are the spectators...................US.

<

Yep, BLIC was definately better than Cricket 2005, ask anybody who has played both! At the moment, most people think that RC2006 will be better than Rugby 2006. Both times EA have had the siperior graphics but Swordfish have had the better gameplay. I think Ea need to realise that graphics are not everything in a game, gameplay is the most important thing.

Coco

I felt that blic was a disaster due to the fact that the ai would not take singles, and you could not sim bowling, to me it was broken so ea has to win that battle Even though eas cricket was far from good, blic was not playable in SP.

Rugby 2005 and WRC were both dissapointing, but rugby 2005 wins for me coz it had a bit of deapth with super 12 and the world club challenge thing.

However, i think WRC2006 is shaping up to knock ea over as ea seem to be just slaping together a lazy sequel.

So i think swordfish are an obvious second at the mo, but have definatelty listened, and look to clean up competition this time around.

I am not saying that BLIC was perfect, there were lots of things to be improved. But what I am saying is that Swordfish can be bothered to listen to what we want to be in a game and they truly have a passion about it. EA just bring out a sequel with a few updatyes each year and hope that they have brainwashed enough people to buy it. People buy EAs because they know they have a good reputation.

But it's time to wake up to the fact that other producers are creating higher quality games and that tehy will spend more time and have a committment to making a fun enjoyable playable game, not just one which looks good - people has to realise games have to feel good too.

Coco

Latest posts