• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another Little Review

B

BOKean

Just got the game - here is my feedback..
feel free to ask me any questions - except questions relating to player stats...

The GOOD
the game feels smoother and faster,
scrums and mauls have improved alot - i was impressed by them
lineouts are a little bit better... they do have nice camera view for the lineouts too
rucks have also been improved somewhat - as far as turnovers and retaining the ball
camera views are great
world cup challenges are a great addition to extend the life of the game

The BAD
passing hasn't improved
rosters are ultimate crap
its still way too easy
can still kick the length of the field
yet to see new animations

at this stage:
7/10

BOKean, Thanks for the review. How many world cup challenges are there in the game?

38 from what i counted - each with about 3 objectives

114 objectives all together im pretty sure

the bad and the bad? lol

umhave you tried creating a player? i just wondering if created players are still retarded looking, thanks

Just got the game - here is my feedback..
feel free to ask me any questions - except questions relating to player stats...

The GOOD
the game feels smoother and faster,
scrums and mauls have improved alot - i was impressed by them
lineouts are a little bit better... they do have nice camera view for the lineouts too
rucks have also been improved somewhat - as far as turnovers and retaining the ball
camera views are great
world cup challenges are a great addition to extend the life of the game

The BAD
passing hasn't improved
rosters are ultimate crap
its still way too easy
can still kick the length of the field
yet to see new animations

at this stage:
7/10 [/b]

Not sure if the game is out in S Africa yet.Any idea when?

You could argue R06 to R08 is better than recent madden and fifa improvements (unless you're talking next gen graphics). Sports games don't improve all that much year to year. We'll always need a cheating AI to challenge the "hardcore" players. I'm not sure it's really that hard, just create an AI level that always does good clearing kicks, always knows where the overlaps are and always uses support.

lol the bad and the bad, im still tryin to get used to the controls coming from xbox and pc, also trying to get the perfect camera is a hassle.

cant wait to play it on pc 2moro

a couple of quickies , why are the rosters so crap and second ,is it true there's no Lions tour mode ( probably so they can sell it as the offical game in 2009 ) ?

thanks and sorry if I've asked dumb questions :(

The lack of classic 2 camera like in 06 is a huge drawback. I tend to play it with the End On view but when they turn me over and make a bbreak I can't see where my fullback is to judge whether I should switch defenders or not. I know many people will use the side view as they did in 06 but I could never get comfortable with that.

Anyone else who's used to Classic 2 and the way it switched ends on turnovers got any feelings on which camera settings to use in the 08? Right now it's the single biggest problem I have with the new game :(

Latest posts