• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Any chance for major upset

R

rugby2ireland

Do you think there'll be any major upsets this world cup?

Which team has the chance to make a surprise run?

i think argentina could top pool d. outside that made fiji to topple wales, as wales haven't shown much form.

Argentina beating France in the 1st match would be a major upset. Beating Ireland wouldn`t be an upset.

Fiji , IMO, has the potential to beat Wales and qualify tu 1/4finals. Although Wales being beaten by Pacific Islands teams is something quite common . (remember Samoa 91 and 99)

Argentina beating France in the 1st match would be a major upset. Beating Ireland wouldn`t be an upset.
[/b]

Beating Ireland would be an upset, but neither result would be a major upset. I think Arg have a better chance against a French team that may be very nervous. But if they did the double, now that would be major.
Fiji , IMO, has the potential to beat Wales and qualify tu 1/4finals. Although Wales being beaten by Pacific Islands teams is something quite common . (remember Samoa 91 and 99)
[/b]

Wales have a pack, Fiji don't. Canada are more likely to upset Wales.

The major upset would be Italy or Scotland running the ABs close, and the ABs not finding a way through in the final ten minutes. Time for a last minute winner! :D Hey, this is professional international rugby - easy wins should be harder and harder to come by.

<div class='quotemain'> Argentina beating France in the 1st match would be a major upset. Beating Ireland wouldn`t be an upset.
[/b]

Beating Ireland would be an upset, but neither result would be a major upset. I think Arg have a better chance against a French team that may be very nervous. But if they did the double, now that would be major.
[/b]

The major upset would be Italy or Scotland running the ABs close, and the ABs not finding a way through in the final ten minutes. Time for a last minute winner! :D Hey, this is professional international rugby - easy wins should be harder and harder to come by.
[/b][/quote]

Fiji doesn´t have a pack, I agree. But neither has Wales, after what I saw recently against England. I can´t speak for Canada team, i haven´t seen them play lately, but their level is low today comparing with 1ier nations. I mean it is not canada´s 1991 team.

A major upset would be Portugal scoring a try against NZ. I would enjoy that a lot. Somehow I like Portugal team even thouhg they took the place of our brothers, Uruguay.

Big upset would be France not making the quarter finals.

[/b]

I like it when everyone underestimate us. :p

I think there's every chance of an upset on Wales' behalf.
I'd like to say we'll pull it out for the World Cup, but occasions in history and current form would argue with me on that issue.
Rugby clearly does not look good in Wales right now when not only the possibilites of being knocked out of the world cup arises, but also by a different set of teams. Will it be Oz and Fiji...Oz and Canada...Oz, Fiji and Cananda that send Wales out of the world cup?

Do Samoa have the team to turn over England?
If not then i really can't envisage any other true "upsets".

The full Wales pack is good - especially the backrow. They hold their own in the scrum, but don't get great possession from the lineout.

I'm judging Fiji and Canada on their friendlies against the 3N teams a couple of months ago - Canada's pack did some tidy business against the ABs, but Fiji's set piece was invisible.

Aye, credit where credit's due. Canada fielded a strong side that put up an impressive performance against the All Blacks. Were the NZers being complacent? Hard to tell, but the Canadians were solid nonetheless - and they took a great opportunistic try.

The full Wales pack is good - especially the backrow. They hold their own in the scrum, but don't get great possession from the lineout.

I'm judging Fiji and Canada on their friendlies against the 3N teams a couple of months ago - Canada's pack did some tidy business against the ABs, but Fiji's set piece was invisible.
[/b]

Yeah, I somehow knew you'd be basing our perfomance from that game. A game where we fielded our 3rd XV to be honest.

<div class='quotemain'> The full Wales pack is good - especially the backrow. They hold their own in the scrum, but don't get great possession from the lineout.

[/b]

Yeah, I somehow knew you'd be basing our perfomance from that game. A game where we fielded our 3rd XV to be honest.

[/b][/quote]

And you're judging Wales from the latest England match. At this stage, any team that wears the colours should be able to show the pattern and style that their full 22 will use in the RWC. Not good news for Wales or Fiji.

Maybe Fiji has a lot more to show. I know Wales has.

i think argentina could top pool d. outside that made fiji to topple wales, as wales haven't shown much form.
[/b]

Ludicrious.

I think the Argies are getting more credit than their due... Theyre good but nowhere near that good.. I don't see them making the quarters..

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Ludicrious.

I think the Argies are getting more credit than their due... Theyre good but nowhere near that good.. I don't see them making the quarters..
[/b][/quote]

Ireland grew bigger than Australia now, and in very few posts it will be bigger than Greenland, the biggest island in the world

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Ludicrious.

[/b][/quote]

Ireland grew bigger than Australia now, and in very few posts it will be bigger than Greenland, the biggest island in the world [/b][/quote]

I hope that the Argentinian team as dismissive of the Irish team as you are. Flintstones rugby team wasn't it? Not much point in us even showing up for the game as we will clearly be steam rollered.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Ludicrious.

[/b][/quote]

Ireland grew bigger than Australia now, and in very few posts it will be bigger than Greenland, the biggest island in the world [/b][/quote]

I hope that the Argentinian team as dismissive of the Irish team as you are. Flintstones rugby team wasn't it? Not much point in us even showing up for the game as we will clearly be steam rollered.
[/b][/quote]

Let`s not make this personal. Besides Ireland is not our derby. Our derby is in the Southern Hemisphere, its Brazil.

If you want a derby make it with england or scotland, or wales. Not with an underdeveloped South American team.

Let`s not make this personal. Besides Ireland is not our derby. Our derby is in the Southern Hemisphere, its Brazil.

If you want a derby make it with england or scotland, or wales. Not with an underdeveloped South American team.
[/b]

So Argentina are underdeveloped now, I thought it was underatted?(and not by me might I add)

Nice try but is too late to take back the underdogs tag, we know that Argentina will crush the Irish pesants like ants.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

So Argentina are nderdeveloped now? Nice try but is too late to take back the underdogs tag, we know that Argentina will crush the Irish pesants like ants.
[/b][/quote]

You are taking it too seriously, Its just a rugby match. IMO there are 2 even teams. If 1 is better than the other, that advantage is small. So I laugh when someone states firmly than Ireland will win for sure. Just that

You are taking it too seriously, Its just a rugby match. IMO there are 2 even teams. If 1 is better than the other, that advantage is small. So I laugh when someone states firmly than Ireland will win for sure. Just that [/b]

On that we can both agree :bravo: .

Latest posts