• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina U20 v Wales U20

Shaggy

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
New Zealand
It's half time in this match, and I started watching the feed late, so I only have the half time score at this stage

Wales 17 - Argentina 5

Mathew Morgan has scored 12 points for wales, apparently ... Liam Williams got a try for wales

Edit:- Eli Walker scores Wales's a try at the start of the second half, and Morgan converts Wales 24 - Argentina 5

Brian Ormson kicks a penalty for Argentina Wales 24 - Argrentina 8

Liam Williams scores his second try, and Mathew Morgan converts Wales 31 - Argentina 8

66th Minute Penalty out in front of the posts for Wales ... Mathew Morgan kicks the goal Wales 34 - Argentina 8

Full time Wales 34 - Argentina 8 with Wales scoring 4 tries

Last edited:
Matthew Morgan is great to watch. A few errors but not bad for a 19 year old.
He cut right through the Argentine backline to score the first try.
4/4 conversions, 2/4 penalties, 1 try for him.

Eli Walker looks to be a handy player, its a shame Harry Robinson is out, as he seems like a winger with a good future.

Yes, it looks like the only thing that didn't go well for Wales was the lineout throws when the starting hooker went off injured.

Yes, it looks like the only thing that didn't go well for Wales was the lineout throws when the starting hooker went off injured.

The reserve hooker was taken ill before the match, so another is being flown in.
Rather poorly thought out to only bring two hookers.

The reserve hooker was taken ill before the match, so another is being flown in.
Rather poorly thought out to only bring two hookers.

they are probably limited on how many players they can take. i mean, in terms of how much money the WRU are willing to spend.

I didn't catch much of the game as it was at 12:10 here, but i saw a little when i was on break at work. Matthew Morgan did some great things, but also made mistakes. I guess that is inevitable when you have a player like him who tries so hard to make things happen. I think the rest of the team have to work harder so that if he does make a mistake, they cover his back so that it doesn't cost them too much.

they are probably limited on how many players they can take. i mean, in terms of how much money the WRU are willing to spend.

I didn't catch much of the game as it was at 12:10 here, but i saw a little when i was on break at work. Matthew Morgan did some great things, but also made mistakes. I guess that is inevitable when you have a player like him who tries so hard to make things happen. I think the rest of the team have to work harder so that if he does make a mistake, they cover his back so that it doesn't cost them too much.

I think Matthew Morgan will make it as a professional player. Despite his flaws, he brings so much to his side, and is a difficult player for the opposition to handle.
Kirby Myhill will be a blow if he is out. Very good hooker in the loose, could take over from Matthew Rees for the Scarlets in a few seasons.

Matthew Mogan is fast becoming one of my favourite players. There's a Shane-eqsue buzz I get when he gets the ball and decides to do something.

Matthew Mogan is fast becoming one of my favourite players. There's a Shane-eqsue buzz I get when he gets the ball and decides to do something.

Yeah, he is very entertaining.
Bet he ends up playing inside centre at the Ospreys.

Yeah, he is very entertaining.
Bet he ends up playing inside centre at the Ospreys.

Well, if the Ospreys stick behind Biggar as faithfully as they have so far, how will Morgan get a game without leaving the region?

I do think the Osprey coaches have gone from strong to stubborn, and will just stick with Biggar until they are sacked and Morgan leaves. Maybe the owner will sack them before he allows Morgan to go!

Whats with this nonsense of WRU not funding U20 for sending players ... unreal comment. Amazed that such an audacious statement like that can be made.

On a sidenote the replacement hooker was infact a prop, so no wonder the throwing was poor.

Rhodri Jones is another that has impressed me along with Morgan, Cook, Siggery and Walker.

Some good players coming through the ranks.

Last edited:
Wales Under 20 hooker Sam Parry returns home from the Junior World Championship in Italy this weekend after being diagnosed with mumps earlier in the week. He has been confined to isolation for the past few days before being authorised to fly home tomorrow (Sunday). He will be replaced in the 26-man squad by Cross Keys and Dragons academy hooker Jamie Sollis.

Courtesy of WRU Media

He would be a walking hole on defense at inside centre, the kid is seriously tiny.

You wouldn't be suprised if they did it though.

Ospreys need to give this lad some gametime, i think he could be a weapon.

He would be a walking hole on defense at inside centre, the kid is seriously tiny.

It was a joke... They will keep Biggar at 10 and shift everyone else to centre to accommodate him, like with Hook.

^then Hooks gotta leave to play 10, which is where we need him!

Wales team v New Zealand: Liam Williams (Llanelli); Iolo Evans (Scarlets / Llanelli) Owen Williams (Blues / Cardiff), Lewis Robling (Dragons / Newport), Dale Ford (Scarlets / Llanelli); Steve Shingler (London Irish), Lewis Jones (Blues / Pontypridd); Rhodri Jones (Scarlets / Llanelli), Kirby Myhill (Scarlets / Llanelli), WillGriff John (Blues/ Pontypridd), Lloyd Peers (capt, Ospreys/ Bridgend), Cory Hill (Blues / Pontypridd), Edward Siggery (Pontypridd), Thomas Young (Blues / Cardiff), Owen Sheppeard (Blues / Pontypridd).
Replacements: Jamie Sollis (Dragons / Cross Keys), WillTaylor (Ospreys / Swansea), Macauley Cook (Blues / Cardiff), Luke Hamilton (Blues / Glamorgan), Jonathan Evans (Dragons / Newport), Matthew Morgan (Ospreys / Swansea), Ross Jones (Ospreys / Bridgend)

WRU Media.

Latest posts