• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina v Georgia

France will not get out of the pool. Argentina will get out of it, first and Ireland second. Ireland will win France and Argentina will beat Ireland. Im sure that one way or another Argentina will finish first. Just my prediction. If you are gonna answer try beeing polite and saying your prediction, without insulting me or my team.

I´m very happy after this game. It started really really complicated, with Georgia choosing the same forward game Argentina uses, so the first half was tough and not very pretty to watch. Great heart shown by Georgia and a little stubborness in Argentina´s decissions. But the second half was different: Pumas started feeding Hernandez and things changed. 4 tries and the bonus point, which shows the team is mature and ready to behave as pool leaders. I liked Albacete, Hernandez, Contepomi, Borges and brave n 8 Georgian Besso Udesiani

Time will tell how this story of the "group of death" ends, anyway.

Really enjoyed that game...A good example of why this world cup is shaping up so well. Argentina really had to struggle against the Georgians....I love it when the less established teams show pride & determination like that. Unfortunately it's rare in rugby nowadays but it can still be done.

You could tell the crowd were really apreciating their efforts & getting behind the underdogs.

Didn't see it, but i understand the Georgian Fly-Half has no right foot, and chose to run instead of kicking the ball out.....got caught, and gave away the last try...is that about right??

Didn't see it, but i understand the Georgian Fly-Half has no right foot, and chose to run instead of kicking the ball out.....got caught, and gave away the last try...is that about right?? [/b]
Close, he didnt actually run it, but passed to his left winder who also doesnt have a right foot. The winder, who received the ball behind the line tried to run it out and got caught.

Was a good match but the Argintinians were good value for their 4 tries. It was in the last minute, but 99% of the planet saw it coming.

I only saw bits of the match. From what i can gather:

1. Job done. Victory and Bonus point.

2. Pumas were tired. Very hard game on friday, any team should beware of judging Argentina on this performance.

3. Did they need to involve their backs a bit more a bit earlier. In the decision making for this did they miss Pichot?

all these "smaller" nations are pressive impressive for about the 50mins arent they, japan, usa, canada and so forth, Georgia kept the game tight for the 50mins. I think they lack experience at the death.

Pumas were tired. Very hard game on friday, any team should beware of judging Argentina on this performance. [/b]

I agree. Many players yesterday played against Frace in the opening game, and only 3 days after they have to fight a team that was having his first game in the cup, and for wich they´ve especially prepared. So now lets wait until the next match with the tough Namibia and evaluate the result of the french with the irish :)

PARIS (AP) — Argentina moved closer to the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals with a 33-3 victory over Georgia on Tuesday, while three rival players received suspensions.

Lucas Borges scored two of Argentina's four tries at Lyon's Stade Gerland as the Pumas followed up their shock 17-12 victory over host France with a less-impressive triumph over semiprofessional Georgia, which took the lead through Merab Kvirikashvili's second-minute penalty.

Argentina led 6-3 at halftime and its first try didn't arrive until two minutes into the second half on the fifth day of the six-week championship.

The Georgians were cheered loudly by the French fans who wanted the Pumas to slip up. French hopes of a first-ever world rugby ***le were dealt a heavy blow by the team's opening-day loss to Argentina, and Les Tricolores still face a tough game against the talented but unpredictable Ireland.

After lock Patricio Albacete and winger Federico Martin Aramburu also crossed the Georgia line, the Pumas collected a bonus point for scoring four tries to leave France eight points behind them, albeit with a game in hand. Ireland is four points ahead of France, and only two teams advance to the last eight.

Tuesday's other action was down at the disciplinary court.

United States centre Paul Emerick received a five-week ban for a dangerous tackle on England fly half Olly Barkley in the Eagles' 28-10 defeat at Lens in Group A on Saturday. South Africa's star flanker Schalk Burger was suspended for four games over a challenge on a Samoan opponent. England captain Phil Vickery, cited for tripping Emerick when the American centre was about to set off for the tryline, was suspended for two games.

Emerick was found guilty of picking Barkley up and dumping him on his head in what is known as a spear tackle. His ban means he's sidelined until Oct. 16, four days before the final, although there is little chance his team will still be around by that stage.

Burger, who was voted the world player of the year in 2004, will miss South Africa's group games against England, Tonga and the United States and a quarter-final assuming his team qualifies.

Judicial officer Terry Willis, who heard the case, said the flanker executed a "reckless and sloppy tackle" that was high and dangerous whilst the opposing player, Samoa scrum half Junior Polu, was in the air and therefore in a vulnerable position.

Another RWC judicial officer, Prof. Lorne Crerar, decided Vickery's case was less serious. But the tighthead prop will miss England's games against South Africa and Samoa, its two biggest rivals in the group. If England loses both, it could already be effectively out of the championship by the time he returns against Tonga in Paris Sept. 28.

The RWC said two more players, Samoa's Alfie Vaeluaga and Portugal's back row forward Juan Severino Somoza, had also been cited for foul play and would face disciplinary hearings.

The action on the field continues on Wednesday with three teams hoping to rebound from losses and three more making their first appearances in this championship.

The U.S. team faces Tonga in Montpellier, Japan hopes to recover from a 91-3 Group B crushing by Australia by beating Fiji. Italy, beaten 76-14 by New Zealand, bids to hit back with a victory over Romania in Group C.

From Google.com

I didn't like Fernandez Miranda. It's a problem if Pichot can't play. We have only 2 scrum halfs.

Lucky? :lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: [/b]
Hey, you were seconds away from missing out on a bonus point. It wasnt quite luck that got you the fourth try, but it was a lot closer then you would have liked.

Hey, you were seconds away from missing out on a bonus point. It wasnt quite luck that got you the fourth try, but it was a lot closer then you would have liked.
[/b]

OK, the bonus point could be said so (it was coming, sooner or later I think) but we won 33 - 3 in the end ... Bad luck is to be a top ten team and have only 3 days to rest after playing the home team in the opening match (for third consecutive time ...).