• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Argentina

P

Piernic

It seems that Argentina should incorporate the Six Nations tournament. It could even be for the year 2008. Is what someone no longer the top?

They reckon they'll be in the wilderness until 2010...we'll see in November.

Hey everyone, first post in Forum. I think Argentina need to get in the 6 Nations. Nevertheless its an european Tornament, Argentina has for the last 10 years incrissing his rugby, and its a game that has been played for nearly 100 years here in Argentina.
But, the most important thing is that the IRB help Argentina to creat a basic Structure, here the rugby one of the most amateur sports played, here the clubs doesnt pay players for games or championships. Here the players and coachs pay their club membership every month. So firstable, Argentina need to be helped with a basic Structure, so we can start playing a great Championship every year.
Sorry for my English, im form Argentina. Congratulations for the forum. bye

Smthg we all have to understand is that Argentina deserves a place in the elite rugby world. I dont know if tri nations or some european/american cup, but c'mon... All argentinian most recognizable players play in Europe. They get better there, lets credit their leagues. and moving from europe to australia, nz or sa instead of italy, france, ireland, england, wales and scotland is insane...
i think we need to be considered for the six (seven) nations

It seems that Argentina should incorporate the Six Nations tournament. It could even be for the year 2008. Is what someone no longer the top?
[/b]

Well it certainly won't be for 2008 as the schedules for the matches have already been released so there won't be any changes at this stage.

Even if Argentina were to be considered for an expanded 7 Nations tournament it would be unlikely to happen until 2013 as a new TV deal with the BBC has been signed recently meaning that it would have to be renegotiated which I doubt they'd be too keen on.

[/quote]
Well it certainly won't be for 2008 as the schedules for the matches have already been released so there won't be any changes at this stage.

Even if Argentina were to be considered for an expanded 7 Nations tournament it would be unlikely to happen until 2013 as a new TV deal with the BBC has been signed recently meaning that it would have to be renegotiated which I doubt they'd be too keen on.
[/quote]
I don't think they'll incorporate the Pumas, I'm from Argentina and I saw Pichot speaking last night about it. He said that the simple reason for why the Pumas aren't already in one of the international annual tournaments is because they don't give anything to the organizers, economically speaking, so they can't logically take a part of the cake if they win. Which makes sense. Also our rugby has a lot of political issues, they'll have to be solved first if we want our national team to have a chance of entering either of the two tournaments.

HEY! here in south-america are most cuontry whit good Rugby like Uruguay and Chile (20 and 24 in the ranking of the IRB)

And why not in Tri-Nations ? [/b]
Would be good but what happens if they can't field an A team it would of no use to them or either of the other teams.

Would be good but what happens if they can't field an A team it would of no use to them or either of the other teams.[/b]

That's true BUT if Argentina is accepted in the Tri Nations european clubs are forced by the IRB to release the players because it's an official competition.

They should help argentina get a profesional level as the other because the tri-nations team are not going to make a favour to a amateur TEAM

I saw Argentina in the bronze final in Paris, and they kicked ass! It was awesome...