Army v Navy

McTallshort

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Yugoslavia
Club or Nation
Hannover 78
Well it's that time again! The biggest event in the rugby calendar is happening this Saturday with the annual Army v Navy game at HQ , hopefully some rugby might breakout inbetween the streakers and general drunkenness but on past form I doubt it. Extra security this year due to some unpleasantness in Brussels but spirits will not be dampened. If anyone is going I will be in the sapper bar in the south stand and will be happy to buy you a beer!

Take care all

Tallshort

Great to see Redruth RFC flanker (Navy hooker) Ben Priddey lift the inter-services trophy joined by 4 other current and one former Redruth player in the starting XV. Is this a record?

I wasn't there, just followed updates on Facebook. Given the increased security this year, I was backing the unders!

I was at the match in 2012 as managed to get a free ticket to the Sky executive box and I think there were 20 streakers that day. By the end it was hilarious as the stewards just ended up creating cordon around the perimeter of the pitch to block so many attempts.

No streakers, no bars open before the game and all the pubs in twickenham shut before 7. Good to catch up with a couple of the lads but the attitude of the powers that be was very disappointing

No streakers, no bars open before the game and all the pubs in twickenham shut before 7. Good to catch up with a couple of the lads but the attitude of the powers that be was very disappointing

Is that always the way for this game? Never known such an alcohol shortage like that at the many games I have been to there!

The world is achanging and not for the better!

Well yes always get treated a bit different from your average fan but shutting all the pubs early just caused a massive crush at the train station with everyone leaving at the same time. We walked to St Margret's in the end and got a train there. Like I said very dissapointed probably make this my last year

Is it something to do with the way a minority of fans behave? One of my colleagues lives near the ground and hates this match. A couple of years ago a ****** squaddie started a compost heap in his front garden for him.

If they hate it that much they should move it. Got very dangerous yesterday at the train station everyone trying to squeeze on to that tiny platform.

If they hate it that much they should move it. Got very dangerous yesterday at the train station everyone trying to squeeze on to that tiny platform.

Do they still herd London bound fans down the side of the station?

I used to go into the station and take west bound train to first stop, cross over and then take London bound train to avoid!

Yes they did. We walked to St Margaret's in the end it was only 20 minutes but the crush for the London bound trains was terrible if they had kept the pubs open longer it would have staggered it out a bit but they just wanted shot of us to be honest

Latest posts