Anyone know when Brian Ashton is going to do another chop? or will he just wait until announcing the final 30?
Those are the two centres I'd have starting for England (apart from Tindall, who's out) - a brick wall with kicking boots on. Forget the fancy dans, and just outmuscle the opposition. Not in Ashton's playbook, but he's old enough not to be wishing on a star.As for the cut I'd expect a prop (Freshwater), a second-row (Palmer), a FH (Hodgson if unfit), a centre (please Farrell or Noon) and a wing (Sackey).
Sad, innit? You have these all possible England teams which should at least be able to compete on an international stage, yet Ashton insists on selecting players from the Holy Trinity or 2003 favorates... For example, compare these's likely starting lineups compared to what would be ideal;
1. Sheridan - Sheridan (That's a fair selection)
2. Chuter - Hartley (All season has shown why he deserves the England shirt, yet hasn't even got a sniff of England training)
3. Vickery - Brooks/Freshwater (No explanation needed)
4. Kay - Deacon (Has easily been the best of Leicesters jumpers this year)
5. Corry - Palmer (a rubbish no. 8 in the Boiler Room? He's lost the plat)
6. Worsley - Haskell (No explanation needed)
7. Moody - Rees (Another season of doing f*** all means Moody is an automatic selection... <_< )
8. Horrible Italian c*** - Easter (No explanation needed, easily the best 8 in England dropped for the RFUs pet)
9. Perry - Richards (Being as Paul Hodgson and Danny Care will forever be overlooked as they play for the wrong trams)
10. Wilkinson - Geraghty ("He was good half a decade ago, he must e good now" says Rob Andrew...)
11. Cueto - Sackey (Much faster, nowhere near as injury prone and has played recently)
12. Farrell - Hipkiss (The worst rugby player of all time or the best young 12 in the NH... Hmmmm)
13. Tait - Clarke (Young Matthew played for Newcastle. Did you know Rob Andrew likes Newcastle players...)
14. Strettle - Strettle (The correct choice, so lets all wait and see Varndell play... <_< )
15. Robinson - Cipriani (Either retire or don't, don't sit on the fence).
What sad times these are. [/b]