• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aussie Haka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really expect everyone to tiptoe round and check everything they say, just in case it offends Maori culture?

Political correctness at its best that.

Thank you SFW...greatly appreciated :)

I can't see this thread going anywhere further. Locked I say!

Do you really expect everyone to tiptoe round and check everything they say, just in case it offends Maori culture?

Political correctness at its best that.
[/b]

:lol: I'm not even trying to fix up this problem. I don't expect everyone checking this or that because it was never part of my opinion on the haka. Me just pointing out the the negatives caused by it. In fact there were political dicussions on the Rights of using the haka, especially when that Italian advertisement came out.

Jokes about the Haka (like the infamous Australian advert where they all have handbags mid Haka) really aren't that bad.

There are far stronger and more borderline jokes and mickey taking, for example, I've seen Spitting Image's "I've never met a nice South African" song which caricatures white South Africans are gun toting, humourless nutters roaring around the Bush in open top Land Rovers covered with various dead big game. Obviously not true in any sense (especially in today's South Africa) but still very amusing none the less and most South Africans who I've known to have seen it take it in good jest.

spitting.jpg

In any case, people do need to have a more open mind with jokes like that, seriously, I'm a Englishman and I've seen a veritable avalanche of dodgy and ropey jokes, half of which are a load of crap and offensive (if you're a 79 year old History professor) but to me, someone who is usually drunk most of the time, its a laugh.

Remember Welly, those who live in glass houses overlooking the fine hills of New Zealand should not throw stones.

haha like that joke on Ruddy Hell...(thanks for the heads up St H) where Mandela sell's jackets with huge pockets so he can nick things in shops!

How offensive.

Yeah stuff like that. And then there are the Canadian jokes.

Heeeey, Canucks! How are your Chesterfields? Do you know Bob and Sally from Canada? Ey?

haha like that joke on Ruddy Hell...(thanks for the heads up St H) where Mandela sell's jackets with huge pockets so he can nick things in shops!

How offensive. [/b]

:lol:

I find this very disrespectful towards some culture which I don't respect myself... (oh **** I am sounding like a kiwi!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts