• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia try against Fiji

Greig

Academy Player
Have I gone mad or did everyone in the world miss Australia's illegal try against Fiji? All the talk is of playing the ball on the ground and the throw not going 5m etc. Did no one see Nick White kick the ball into touch and Australia take a quick throw when it should have been a Fiji throw at the line out?

Have I gone mad or did everyone in the world miss Australia's illegal try against Fiji? All the talk is of playing the ball on the ground and the throw not going 5m etc. Did no one see Nick White kick the ball into touch and Australia take a quick throw when it should have been a Fiji throw at the line out?
Kick was a 50:22. It was Australia's lineout.

Commentary were saying he played the arm, not the ball.
To me, he's on the ground, and not allowed to affect the game.

Last edited:
All Fiji had to do was put a second guy in the line out and they wouldn't have been able to go quick. Also first time a team had done a quick throw on a 50/22 properly that I can remember (always taken in front of mark).

Nevermind playing the ball on the ground, he was a tackler and he never came close to releasing. Brace called it a knock on somehow.

Sorry. I'm obviously the only person in the world who didn't know the 50:22 rule. Thanks for educating me

Latest posts