• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Grand Final

Well Sarries are just a different class. Granted the Chiefs had a dire first half but even at full tilt for 80 minutes they were never going to have enough fire power to grind down that team. Great to see the England lads all performing well, bar Slade who was shocking. Hopefully that wolf pack defence can be transferred to the England set up.

Also another Stella performance by Goode, almost 150 meters made, defenders beaten left right and centre and MOM. He really needs to start performing like that for England.

Good shout, although their academy Sh looked really good for the u20s

Jack Maunder? I've watched him play for Redruth on DR this season, he has a lot of potential, but didn't stand out at level 4. AFAIK he has another year of U20 rugby, so I wouldn't say that he's ready for AP rugby yet.

Does it make me an old git if I admit that I can remember his father Andy playing for Exeter back in the 90s?

I agree about Chudleigh, in his defence, I guess he hasn't got a particular weakness, but on the flip side, no facet of his game stands out. I remember watching Chiefs play Wasps last season and thinking in the 2014 autumn international break and thinking that Exeter would have won by 20 more points if they could have swapped Will Chudleigh for Joe Simpson - he would suit their style of play down to the ground.

Nope, Townsend.

I just realised who Nowell reminds me of... Lewsey.... not necessarily in playing style, just in his dependability and the fact that he's the sort of player you'd love to play with.

Last edited:
Slightly disappointing that Townsend hasn't kicked on more, was a lot of hype about him.

Nope, Townsend.

I just realised who Nowell reminds me of... Lewsey.... not necessarily in playing style, just in his dependability and the fact that he's the sort of player you'd love to play with.

That's so, so spot on

Slightly disappointing that Townsend hasn't kicked on more, was a lot of hype about him.

Think his injury at last year's u20 World Cup came at the worst time. He was playing really well, but from what I've seen, has recovered to his form from them yet. He's on loan to Cornish Pirates at the moment, will be interesting to see if he has another season there or replaces Thomas as the 3rd choice 9.

Me? I'm still celebrating...

BESTINTHEWORLD.jpg

Latest posts