Saracens.png
Versus%20Prem.png
Leicester.png

Live on BT Sport
Exeter.png
Versus%20Prem.png
London%20Wasps.png

Live on BT Sport​

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, away, Saturday 12.30pm)
15 Mathew Tait (c)
14 Telusa Veainu
13 Peter Betham
12 Manu Tuilagi
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Harry Thacker
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Leonardo Ghiraldini
17 Ellis Genge
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Ed Slater
20 Will Evans
21 Jono Kitto
22 Tommy Bell
23 Adam Thompstone

Exeter:
15. Phil Dollman
14. Jack Nowell
13. Henry Slade
12. Ian Whitten
11. Olly Woodburn
10. Gareth Steenson (capt)
9. Will Chudley

1. Ben Moon
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
3. Harry Williams
4. Mitch Lees
5. Geoff Parling
6. Dave Ewers
7. Julian Salvi
8. Don Armand

Replacements:
16. Jack Yeandle
17. Alec Hepburn
18. Thomas Francis
19. Ollie Atkins
20. Thomas Waldrom
21. Dave Lewis
22. Sam Hill
23. James Short

Leicester Tigers (v Saracens, away, Saturday 12.30pm)
15 Mathew Tait (c)
14 Telusa Veainu
13 Peter Betham
12 Manu Tuilagi
11 Vereniki Goneva
10 Owen Williams
9 Ben Youngs
1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Harry Thacker
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Lachlan McCaffrey

Replacements
16 Leonardo Ghiraldini
17 Ellis Genge
18 Logovi'i Mulipola
19 Ed Slater
20 Will Evans
21 Jono Kitto
22 Tommy Bell
23 Adam Thompstone

Very pleased with that . Bench forwards look good too !

Exeter:
15. Phil Dollman
14. Jack Nowell
13. Henry Slade
12. Ian Whitten
11. Olly Woodburn
10. Gareth Steenson (capt)
9. Will Chudley

1. Ben Moon
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
3. Harry Williams
4. Mitch Lees
5. Geoff Parling
6. Dave Ewers
7. Julian Salvi
8. Don Armand

Replacements:
16. Jack Yeandle
17. Alec Hepburn
18. Thomas Francis
19. Ollie Atkins
20. Thomas Waldrom
21. Dave Lewis
22. Sam Hill
23. James Short

What do you make of that selection @Tmartin995? I keep an eye on Exeter's results with a keener interest than any other team and visit occasionally, but wouldn't describe as a fan, so I may be out of date, but some of those picks surprise me. I'd have thought that Waldrom, Hill and Short would be starting, although I noted that Armand started last time out against Wasps, so maybe this is a case of horses for courses. Also, does Williams regularly start ahead of Francis? I may very well be outdated in my thinking / unaware of form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saracens team to face Leicester Tigers

15 Alex Goode (207*)
14 Chris Ashton (97)
13 Duncan Taylor (90)
12 Brad Barritt (c) (169)
11 Chris Wyles (206)
10 Owen Farrell (133)
9 Richard Wigglesworth (153)
1 Mako Vunipola (98)
2 Schalk Brits (169)
3 Petrus Du Plessis (129)
4 Maro Itoje (50)
5 George Kruis (122)
6 Michael Rhodes (25)
7 Will Fraser (77)
8 Billy Vunipola (58)

Replacements

16 Jamie George (147)
17 Richard Barrington (80)
18 Juan Figallo (32)
19 Jim Hamilton (46)
20 Jackson Wray (141)
21 Neil De Kock (254)
22 Charlie Hodgson (129)
23 Marcelo Bosch (65

What do you make of that selection @Tmartin995? I keep an eye on Exeter's results with a keener interest than any other team and visit occasionally, but wouldn't describe as a fan, so I may be out of date, but some of those picks surprise me. I'd have thought that Waldrom, Hill and Short would be starting, although I noted that Armand started last time out against Wasps, so maybe this is a case of horses for courses. Also, does Williams regularly start ahead of Francis? I may very well be outdated in my thinking / unaware of form.

Waldrom is coming off the bench as an impact sub I would assume. He was used in this way against Wasps at Sandy Park last time. Its hard enough to stop someone of his body shape and sheer size at the beginning of the match (see his ridiculous slide "like a greased up elephant seal" in the Q/F against Wasps), let alone after 60 minutes or so. It wouldnt surprise me if he came on for Salvi with Armand moving to 7, but that depends on how the game goes. Sam Hill could be benched for the same reason although Whitten has played brilliantly recently and is more versatile, so it could just be on merit. Woodburn is a more rounded player than Short who is quick and powerful but his defensive positioning is lacking, so Short will be brought on when defences are a bit looser perhaps. Williams has done brilliantly at scrum time and in the loose for Chiefs recently and even if Francis had been playing for the last 8 weeks (eye gouging ban) it would be a close call between them.

Both teams have powerful lineups and strong benches so it should be a cracker. The weather looks wet, windy and mental but if any two teams can manage to produce attractive rugby in those conditions then its Chiefs and Wasps.

I'd echo very much what Brokenoses said. Armand has been sensational this year and his work at the line out is great, particularly when you consider that Salvi and Ewers aren't really jumpers, Waldrom will bring impact off the bench.
I feel Whitten is the glue in the centres, organises the defence and always goes forward, Hill's injuries this year have allowed Whitten to make the 12 shirt his own.
Similarly 3 months ago I'd have been gobsmacked if I'd been told Woodburn was starting over Short, but Short's recent injuries/rotation have allowed Woodburn to flourish. The fact that Lachie Turner and Michele Campagnaro aren't even in the 23 speaks volumes.
Williams again has benefitted from Francis being out during the 6 nations and then with his ban, very much in the same mould, has anchored the scrum. Nothing much between them at the moment.
All in all really looking forward to the game!

Why does Brits bother wearing a scrum cap? He always seems to lose it within the first 5 minutes.

Classic Youngs.

Pitch to blame for the knee injury do you think?

It's unlike Tigers to rush a player back only for him to get injured straight away
Did they rush him back though? (Genuine question, it seems like he had been on the sidelines ages before being re-introduced.)

I am starting to wonder whether Tuilagi's injury problems stem from being introduced to the international game (and the extended season that comes with it) at a very young age. The same appears to be happening with Halfpenny, North, Tait, Cole, for a few examples.

Did they rush him back though? (Genuine question, it seems like he had been on the sidelines ages before being re-introduced.)

I am starting to wonder whether Tuilagi's injury problems stem from being introduced to the international game (and the extended season that comes with it) at a very young age. The same appears to be happening with Halfpenny, North, Tait, Cole, for a few examples.

I might be wrong but I'm sure I heard people saying his latest injury would keep him out of the summer tour.
Tigers make the top 4 and he's fit enough to start, all of a sudden...

Sounds like it's a new injury, though, so all tinfoil hat territory :p

I might be wrong but I'm sure I heard people saying his latest injury would keep him out of the summer tour.
Tigers make the top 4 and he's fit enough to start, all of a sudden...

Sounds like it's a new injury, though, so all tinfoil hat territory :p

Nope he was always targeted for this game apparently Bath was a target but since we where in anyway it didn't matter

Hadn't heard anything about him missing the tour before this game

Latest posts