• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership 15/16 - Round 21

Whatever happened to that talented England 7 in waiting Gibson.... ahh yes... he moved clubs.

I have never said Gibson should be an England 7.

As I never thought he was a 7 in the first place.

6 yes i thought he prob earnt a right to have at least been in the saxons on last seasons form.

And Evans is an out and out 7.

Gibson was absolutely an openside until he left Not Nots.
Kind of like Wood was before he moved to Saints, I guess.

this from the person who thinks Seymour and Braid are the gods of openside.

- - - Updated - - -

What a try by Woodburn.

Excellent finish.

I'll take your opinion on openside play seriously when I stop laughing over Tigers having Lewis Moody there for so long.

That was an exceptional finish by Woodburn

I'll take your opinion on openside play seriously when I stop laughing over Tigers having Lewis Moody there for so long.

That was an exceptional finish by Woodburn

TBF he didn't start many games @ 7 for Leicester actually.

We had
Back
Jennings
Woods
Newby

All playing @ 7.

And the one main season where Moody was our starting 7 we won the league so Jog on.

Moody was our starting 7

Sorry, I caught this part of your post before reading the rest and couldn't focus on the screen because of the tears of laughter in my eyes
giphy.gif

Nice little show pace from Nowell... shows that he's of comparable speed to Piutau and Halai.

- - - Updated - - -

Ewers looking a class above Haskell and Hughes.

- - - Updated - - -

What a line by Dollman!

- - - Updated - - -

Good effort by Short, awful by Miller.

That's a try in my book.

I only caught the image of him dotting it down, but I think Sinckler has just scored a prop wonder try.

Did Wasps only spend their time in the last week preparing to nullify Exeters driving maul and nothing else ,because that's about all they did in the whole match. They seem to have hit the buffers in the last few weeks especially their star players, and Eliot daly no longer looks such a solid England prospect he did in the first half of the season. He went missing last week and was invisible today.
I thought Exeter were superb all round today ,dollman was at had his best game for ages and it looked like the break did him good. Ewers has got to go to Aus and LCD looks like he could be starting unless Hartley comes round. Whether they play Wasps home or away they will go into the game in a very confident mood.

Well I, for one, am sorry to see Irish go down after many enjoyable mid week games and a few weekend games at the Madjeski when was working near Aldermaston.

They are a great little club and have fabulous fans who turn up for every match.

Good luck next year lads......

My primary hope is that this precipitates the oft supposed move to Brentford.

This thread just became someone stole someone else's sweets...

Did Wasps only spend their time in the last week preparing to nullify Exeters driving maul and nothing else ,because that's about all they did in the whole match. They seem to have hit the buffers in the last few weeks especially their star players, and Eliot daly no longer looks such a solid England prospect he did in the first half of the season. He went missing last week and was invisible today.
I thought Exeter were superb all round today ,dollman was at had his best game for ages and it looked like the break did him good. Ewers has got to go to Aus and LCD looks like he could be starting unless Hartley comes round. Whether they play Wasps home or away they will go into the game in a very confident mood.

I think Wasps were just tired. Exeter looked completely flat against Glaws after the quarters, whilst they had 16 days between matches, Wasps were playing Sarries in a very physical match last week. Our maul defence was very good, and I suspect that come the semis, when both sides will have had a week off, we'll see a very different game.

Any news on Haskell's injury? Much as I hate to vulture, I would like to see some real 7's get a chance in June and I ain't sure it would happen if he's fully fit.

I suspect Jones is going to keep most of the GS team intact whilst he tries out centre combinations. Can't complain about that entirely but, while it may mean having to ditch the patented Haskscale, i would like new faces at flanker as well

Last edited:
Just watched some highlights . How stupid is Chris Cook ?!? He's been yellow carded a few times this year for some pretty brainless stuff . Is Haskell his idol ? Also Rob Miller was absolutely crap . He's been good in 1 game this year . When Sale let him go I was thinking it was a good buy for wasps but he's been very disappointing imo

Last edited:

Latest posts