• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - Round 3

Certainly he has been incredibly kind to Leicester at the scrum but would love to see their disallowed try again as it appears to me that the scorer had the ball over the line when he had had his one chance to reach out and score but it was on a "Bath" hand and he then made a further movement to get it to ground......is it that that Barnes deemed worthy of the penalty!

..............but pretty stupid giving a red for that. Blimey, it is getting stupid, I am agreeing with Healey!!!

Not directed 100% at you but;

I'm baffled at Tigers seemingly unflustered reaction to this. Yes there are injuries but there are still many current and former internationals out there. Bath are a good side (yes I did say that, I'm not THAT one-eyed) but not the best in the league and theyre making the Tigers look awful. Injuries happen so to have a squad that fails to compete when big players are out I'd be a bit more concerned. Especially as they'll want to do well in Europe and its hard to win both without a squad that can compete when asked.

Oh the players will be but look at the offy and read there reply's (http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38239)

Fact of the matter is what do I get by being worked up about it, yes there is current and former internationals but there are still not just key players but the 2nd choice of those players out.

Also Bath are more than a good side TBH.

I'll get worried later in the season if it is like this, But I am a glass half full supporter.

Oh the players will be but look at the offy and read there reply's (http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38239) Fact of the matter is what do I get by being worked up about it, yes there is current and former internationals but there are still not just key players but the 2nd choice of those players out. Also Bath are more than a good side TBH. I'll get worried later in the season if it is like this, But I am a glass half full supporter.

Forum could have read like the Biarritz Forum about three years ago before they closed it as there was too much criticism!! They blamed poor recruitment on the injuries but did nothing to manage their players better to avoid them!!

I trust and believe that, as there are seriously good management people in place at Tigers unlike there was or are at BO, Leicester will not go the same sad way!!

The new defence coach will have to work overtime, he only arrived last week I believe so it is a sharp wake up call.

Was just 1 of those days for Leicester. Wasn't a red and the try for double movement well should've been try as I seen no double movement but Bath were easily better team. Ford gets plaudits but that centre duo were unbelievable too.

Never a red. But unless you can clearly see the ball and a hand on it you are always going to get a yellow these days.

The try was disallowed because Barbieri was using his legs to drive over the line.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Sam Burgess is not staying at centre for a second longer than he has to - our entire attack is based on having a playmaker at 12.

Last edited:
I trust and believe that, as there are seriously good management people in place at Tigers unlike there was or are at BO, Leicester will not go the same sad way!!

TBF the forum has been like for a while.

I don't know what BO problem was but Leicester head staff (Cohen etc) aren't the ones to keep poor players and mangers when thing need it. no room for sentiments.

I mean Richards was canned by Leicester after coming 5th in a world cup year.

I think Leicester lacked physicality at the breakdown which Slater would have added. So hopefully Thorn will add that next week if he is truly fit as I have.

I feel that Kitchener and Parling are to similar a 2nd row type in there.

I thought Tom Youngs looks very passionate and whilst he was on Leicester raised there game and Harrison for a 9 played the best of all our back whilst out of position at 13.

These games don't win or lose you a season but what follows is key, some big games coming up to make up for it.

Also Joseph and Eastmond must be considered for England.

wtfff, Tigers getting smashed like THAT ?...in Bath ?..isn't Prem particularly laden of enormous results early this season ?

Surely the physio/S&C/doctors need to be reviewed at Leicester... two seasons in a row with an extraordinary injury count.

Surely the physio/S&C/doctors need to be reviewed at Leicester... two seasons in a row with an extraordinary injury count.

Well this season

Cole
Rizzo
Slater
Thorn
Benjamin
Camacho
Thompstone
Hamilton
Matera (Now)
Hepetema
Deacon

Were injured before pre-season started. and those other than Hamilton and Camacho was actually done with tigers last season.

So that leaves
Bristow
Manu
Allen
Bai
Loamanu
Scully

Away with Argentina
Ayerza

Injured at tigers which isn't actually that much over the average premiership injury list, last season more players were injured on international duty or a freak injury in game than the actual training, injuries like Allen's and Croft's were something that couldn't have been avoided.

Although I do feel like there could be a review if before chistmas things don't improve. (Although we are still 2 wins in 3 games).

I blame Flood.

Cockers on Radio Leicester admitting it was his fault and he got it wrong, although things were poor he says he got the tactics wrong and made mistakes, and that bath were very good etc.

Fair play to him he has grown a lot since his ban last season imo.

The new defence coach will have to work overtime, he only arrived last week I believe so it is a sharp wake up call.

Didn't realise they had a new coach incoming, but he certainly does have work to do.
Tigers line was all over the place, gaps everywhere and then also too narrow - everytime Bath shifted the ball they had men over, and when you've got runners like Eastmond, Joseph and Roko, they'll punish you every time for it.

Watson wasn't even playing.

Very good performance, but can't see us doing that to anyone else this season.
Two very, very tough games coming up.

Didn't realise they had a new coach incoming, but he certainly does have work to do.
Tigers line was all over the place, gaps everywhere and then also too narrow - everytime Bath shifted the ball they had men over, and when you've got runners like Eastmond, Joseph and Roko, they'll punish you every time for it.

Been there since pre season.....Blake? from SH............commentators said that perhaps the players ahd not got used to his systems yet!!

Been there since pre season.....Blake? from SH............commentators said that perhaps the players ahd not got used to his systems yet!!

Blake hasn't been here since pre-season he arrived just before the first game of the season I believe I think he started doing regular coaching around a the week of the first game., I'll find the article on it. although a few weeks isn't enough to change a system.

Last edited:
Blake hasn't been here since pre-season he arrived just before the first game of the season I believe I think he started doing regular coaching around a the week of the first game., I'll find the article on it. although a few weeks isn't enough to change a system.

You are more than probably right as was only repeating what the commentators were saying!!

You are more than probably right as was only repeating what the commentators were saying!!

Yeh I heard them to I think Blake arrived here Late august (28/29/30th) but he had to get family things sorted out and had 1 training session in the first week and has gradually come in.

so I think he has been here for around 3 weeks roughly and slightly less being a full time coach.

Ugh, terrible performance in every single way.

The best thing about that match was the full-time whistle.

Draw a line under it and move on

was it a good game? was just about to sit down to watch it and had to leave to pick the wife and nipper up as their train went to the wrong station.

Latest posts