• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Awsome Idea

R

richllew

Wouldn't it be awsome if there was a sevens tournament mode on Rugby 2005 with all the official licenced teams

The suggestion has been brought up a few times. If it'd editable I'm sure someone will make a patch to incorporate 7s.

or even better maybe swordfish or someone could make a standalone sevens game. Could have lots of stuff in it like the 15's version you have the sevens world cup, the sevens circuit being the main comps then could have like super 12 7s tournament a career thing.

A standalone 7's game would get very boring very quickly.

It would be rugby's answer to 'FIFA Street - only without the flashy ********.

<
i know-------make a rugby street game, with all the moves, hits, flair for sevens
<

On another note - I was watching the England v Australia freindly before the world cup, and a key area of the game for England was Kieran Bracken's ability to interfere with the ball as it came out of scrums and rucks - this meant Gregan couldn't get the clean ball he needed for his backs.

It would be great if this could be implemented into a future rugby game. Perhaps the camera could zoom into the ruck/scrum and you then control the scrum half's hand, and try and 'spoil' the ball. Could be a little game within the game!

I like it , but what about other real rugby options????

How about the option to tell a forward to go down with cramp in the last few minutes when leading by a narrow margin to eat up the clock

Or have a forward go down with an injury just before a vital scrum, which seems to have miraculously healed the next time you see him running??!

Or find a Scottish Grandparent to enable you to reallocate a few Kiwis to a different national side?!

Or get the flanker to distract the ref while the prop lamps someone

Or get the flyhalf to hoof the ball into the nearby stream and claim that's the only ball, so waste five mins waiting for the oppo to splash across to get it ... or maybe thats just where I play!!!

I'm sure this list is endless .... silly ... but endless!

Originally posted by MightyQuin@Feb 25 2005, 12:57 AM
I like it , but what about other real rugby options????

How about the option to tell a forward to go down with cramp in the last few minutes when leading by a narrow margin to eat up the clock

Or have a forward go down with an injury just before a vital scrum, which seems to have miraculously healed the next time you see him running??!

Or find a Scottish Grandparent to enable you to reallocate a few Kiwis to a different national side?!

Or get the flanker to distract the ref while the prop lamps someone

Or get the flyhalf to hoof the ball into the nearby stream and claim that's the only ball, so waste five mins waiting for the oppo to splash across to get it ... or maybe thats just where I play!!!

I'm sure this list is endless .... silly ... but endless!
Lol!!
<
I like them - maybe if they brought out a RUGBY STREET game!

but seriously, there are some crucial 'hidden' elements of a rugby game which can heavily influence the outcome of a match, and surely these could be included in a computer game? This would make the game far deepr and more challenging.

It would be kinda cool but I don't know if it's worth all the trouble to put that into the game.

Latest posts