TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_52375612_011845885-1.jpg

Barcelona are contemplating whether to report Jose Mourinho after the Real Madrid coach insinuated they receive favourable treatment from referees.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13217880.stm

Was disappointed with the half time brawl, thought there would have been a few punches thrown rather than the pushing and shoving that went on :lol:

He has half a point.

I don't think it's any grand conspiracy with Unicef or Uefa bosses like he suggests or that the Ref was on the pay-roll.

Every team gets calls for them and against them.

Looking at last night, All the diving going on last night was basically three players. Di-Maria, Biscuits and Pedro the two Barce lads were better at it and I was glad to see Pedro get a good leg stamp for his efforts.

But complaining about the Red-Card is a bit unfair. Maybe it was harsh, but from where teh Ref was standing it definitely looked like Peepee went in with his studs high and caught the leg straight on. Those are given as reds all the time these days and if it was Fulham vs Bolton people would just say 'meh - 50/50 call'.

Maybe he should concentrate on the fact his team only had 25 possession before Peepee was even sent off.

On a happy note: Messi's second Goal...phwoar.

I think Mourinho had every right to be sarcastic with them and tell them they'd got it wrong as it was a truly shocking decision by the Ref. But too be fair Barca had something like 80% of the game's possession and Messi scored a wonder goal so they did deserve to win, but you could argue they would never had scored had Pepe not been sent off as he could have dropped back to his more orthodox position at centre-back. Barca should be happy with what they got from the game as they have already pretty much secured a place at Wembley in a months time. Madrid will feel hard-done by as they now have to go and get at least two goals in normal time to take it to extra-time and maybe penalties, this at the Nou Camp where they got trashed 5-0 not so long ago. I would feel that maybe UEFA were taking sides with Barcelona if they did decide to take action, providing of course Barcelona do report his behaviour. I think by being sent to the stands in a pivotal game that maybe Jose has served his time and Barca should concentrate on keeping Madrid from staging a comeback. We all know that Jose always has a plan A. The question now though is: Does he have a plan B?

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - if football wanted to sort out diving and sort out players crowding the referee, then it could be done very easily. There's no reason they can't cite players and give them hefty bans - and the only reason players do it is because they know they can get away with it.

So the question is, why do FIFA not bother with this, and not bother with goal-line technology? A mixture of the following:

1) They're too occupied with being corrupt (I could elaborate, but not here. Take it from me, FIFA is run by an old-boy's club of disgustingly greedy and self-serving individuals).
2) They're too arrogant to accept that anything needs to be changed, or that anything can be learnt from other sports.
3) They realise that the current state of football means that every game has some kind of red card/ penalty decision/ offside/ disallowed goal controversy. These controversies are what make the headlines, and get people debating about them - mostly people who didn't watch the game, but have read/ watched the incident in question. The controversy is further-reaching than the game itself. The end result is that football has a constant stream of free publicity. Which means more attention, more interest, more fans, more sponsors, and ultimately more $$$.

Watching the game last night was at times like watching wrestling. The whole thing looked slightly staged. Still, I watched it because of the good in football, which we thankfully saw thanks to Mr. Afellay and in particular Mr. Messi.

I think Mourinho had every right to be sarcastic with them and tell them they'd got it wrong as it was a truly shocking decision by the Ref. But too be fair Barca had something like 80% of the game's possession and Messi scored a wonder goal so they did deserve to win, but you could argue they would never had scored had Pepe not been sent off as he could have dropped back to his more orthodox position at centre-back. Barca should be happy with what they got from the game as they have already pretty much secured a place at Wembley in a months time. Madrid will feel hard-done by as they now have to go and get at least two goals in normal time to take it to extra-time and maybe penalties, this at the Nou Camp where they got trashed 5-0 not so long ago. I would feel that maybe UEFA were taking sides with Barcelona if they did decide to take action, providing of course Barcelona do report his behaviour. I think by being sent to the stands in a pivotal game that maybe Jose has served his time and Barca should concentrate on keeping Madrid from staging a comeback. We all know that Jose always has a plan A. The question now though is: Does he have a plan B?

I didn't know that Mourinio was the Saints DOR.

Latest posts