Base Layer

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Cusker, May 13, 2007.

1. Cusker

Cusker Guest

Any of you guys wear this?
    If so could you advise me on what to get cos i want to try it.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

I'm guessing you mean Base Layer as in what you wear under your jersey? Have you heard of skins? I always wear my skins vest under my jersey and when it's really cold I wear my long sleeve skins top.

Some of my mates have short sleeves which are really good as well. Also, increasing numbers of people are wearing skins shorts underneath too.

I'd strongly suggest skins :)

4. Beardy

Beardy Guest

Never worn it but I can't imagine it doing much for you at all.

5. melon

melon Guest

Well your imagination must be ****.

I was a bit of a non-believer...I didn't believe much of the hype about them, but I got them and to my pleasant surprise they were and still are great!

6. Cusker

Cusker Guest

Yeah,but are they cheap and what do they do?

7. melon

melon Guest

Keep you warm when its cold, and cool when its hot. Also helps the muscles and does other things...look here http://www.skins.net/

8. I wear Kooga undershort things, but the tops seem really overpriced to to me. When it's cold I've a surfers' top I wear instead. Pretty much the same material, keeps your muscles warm, and I managed to get it for much cheaper than any of those worn by professional rugby players.

9. melon

melon Guest

Yeah, I tried a rash vest aswell, but they aren't as good as skins. I admit they are quite expensive, but they certainly do the job.

10. Beardy

Beardy Guest

I wear undershorts, but only cause my balls tend to fall out of normal shorts, especially at rucks.

11. melon

melon Guest

You don't wear underwear?

12. Beardy

Beardy Guest

Of course I do but my balls love to find their way out of them. Very embarrassing especially when playing infront of family and friends

13. melon

melon Guest

I had a most unpleasant experience of wearing only boxers with shitty league shorts to school football training the other day...You can imagine what was happening as a result of that!

14. Beardy

Beardy Guest

Bet the footballers loved it.

15. melon

melon Guest

It was f***ing impossible to run and jump and stretch and sit down.

16. Cusker

Cusker Guest

Cheers

17. PeeJay

PeeJay Guest

I have two long-sleeved Canterbury Armourfit Cold tops (one black, one red), and one white short-sleeved Hot one. The Cold ones are very good at keeping me warm in the cold, and only set me back about £25 each. The Hot one, however, is bloody boiling in the hot, and doesn't do a great job, but it's OK by itself under an athletics vest or something.

18. Cusker

Cusker Guest

Where you get them from?

19. PeeJay

PeeJay Guest

I got the black one and the white one from RugbyStore.co.uk and the red one was from Rugby_Cymru's shop in Cardiff.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!