Ragey Erasmus

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
bath-logo-500x500.png

A new season, new injuries (or recurring old ones) so a new thread for the only club that really matters.

Todd was supposedly raving about how he had more players at full fitness than ever before.

Can't wait to see how Eddie's going to put an end to that. He may even start visiting premiership clubs with a baseball bat this year

When will people learn not to say such things?
Not you, Todd

Todd was supposedly raving about how he had more players at full fitness than ever before.

Can't wait to see how Eddie's going to put an end to that. He may even start visiting premiership clubs with a baseball bat this year

Was that before or after Watson did his ACL catching a NFL ball...

Well I think if the rest of the season is anything like Bath's first game, Blackadder will be out.

Very quickly too; but can you see that happening?

Yeah, we usually top that, at the same time that everyone complains about the price of their tickets and thing the market can't support it...
Good to see at this stage though, it's usually down in September as people are still having holidays, and aren't back in the rugby habit yet.

It seems a very strange way to go about it. It's good to have a long-term plan but don't set it in stone years in advance by telling the media, things can change very quickly.

Key points:
Blackadder is contracted through until June 2020, with an option for an extra year if both agree it's necessary.
Hooper will take over at that point as "head of the rugby department" (he's currently "general manager").
Booth and Edwards won't get a renewal, with their contracts up this June.
Bath to hunt 2 replacements, one "senior" and one "junior".
Official pathways for academy coaches to graduate to senior.
Clubs wants to be more "home grown" both players and coaching staff - with a target of 50% by 2022/23.
Looks like each staffing role on the rugby side is to have both a senior and a junior occupant.

TBH, I mostly approve (assuming that what Hoop.s is doing behind the scenes is good enough - and that he'd be a proper, hands-off DoR rather than figurehead head coach - Deano, not Jonno.
However, there's absolutely no need to tell the supporters this - in fact, the only reason I can think of to do so would be if someone was going to leak it and they felt the need to get out ahead of the news...

Last edited:
Key points:
Blackadder is contracted through until June 2020, with an option for an extra year if both agree it's necessary.
Hooper will take over at that point as "head of the rugby department" (he's currently "general manager").
Booth and Edwards won't get a renewal, with their contracts up this June.
Bath to hunt 2 replacements, one "senior" and one "junior".
Official pathways for academy coaches to graduate to senior.
Clubs wants to be more "home grown" both players and coaching staff - with a target of 50% by 2022/23.
Looks like each staffing role on the rugby side is to have both a senior and a junior occupant.

TBH, I mostly approve (assuming that what Hoop.s is doing behind the scenes is good enough - and that he'd be a proper, hands-off DoR rather than figurehead head coach - Deano, not Jonno.
However, there's absolutely no need to tell the supporters this - in fact, the only reason I can think of to do so would be if someone was going to leak it and they felt the need to get out ahead of the news...

Or because Blackadder's perceived as being on thin ice and this is one of those "the manager has the full support of the board" things? (Either genuine or lying through their teeth)

But the contract exptension did all of that without setting up expectations for several year's time.

When are bath going to formally announce London Irish as their academy? I believe Wasps are going to announce Sale as their academy this week.

It's great to have a plan, but totally agree with this.

Totally applaud this even though it's still a depressingly low amount. Let's see if they stick to it when things get choppy or whether they head straight for superannuated Kiwis and cheap Tongans.

Latest posts