• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Batman: The Dark Night

W

woosaah

296772.jpg

This is what Heath Ledger is reportadly going to look like for the new batman movie, The Dark Night What do you guys think? I personally think he looks evil and the movie is going to take on board some of the really cool things they did in the last.

i found this here at stuff.co.nz but you could have a look at I beleive in Harvey Dent or I Beleive in Harvey Dent Too.

Looking good though :)

i missed batman begins hopefully i can catch this one.

this is the longest running movie franchise isn't it?

longest how? terms of years since the first one? or number of movies?

I would have guessed Bond movies? but aparently there is the carry on series which has 31 (bond has 21ish)

who knows aye but its definatly not the batman series.

Yes it is part 2

nothing happened to him, he just happens to be playing Batman, not the joker (or harvey dent aka two face who is the other villan)

Only poofs don't like James Bond movies.
[/b]

To be fair there are some absolute stinkers (eg Octopussy which is an insult to your intelligence)....the last one rocked though.

I prefer Bourne to Bond.

Only poofs don't like James Bond movies.
[/b]

I'm not a ****, and i don't like James Bond movies, theoretically your theory is wrong.

Please no beefs! :D:D

You must not have seen the last Bond!
I can understand how people wouldn't like the Brosnan films tho...

Never found Batman an interesting enough character to warrant anywhere near the number of films that have been made.

No superpowers, just a gigantic wallet and a dubious costume.

The only good thing is some of the classic baddies, with the Riddler always being one of my favourites.

Heath Ledger is a good actor, but I don't see him carrying the film.

Nothing can beat the 60's television series, which was played wonderfully tongue in cheek. A must watch for anyone who's never seen any, it really is very well done.

he might not have any super powers but thats what makes him so good. he is a stealth character (well in the movies he is) and its quite dark and refreshing from the comic book actors they used in the tv sereis. they were good and funny but its nice to see a change in direction from the comic. I know its based from a comic and everything but it makes it a different level of interesting.

batman begins is definatly worth a watch if you ahvnt seen it, the other 4 movies, batman, batman returns, batman forever and batman and robin are good if you want a lighter side to the batman.

A lighter side to Batman?

Yeah, 'Batman forver' and 'Batman and Robin' give you a lighter side to the films, but the first batman and batman returns are very dark films (cheers burton). I've never enjoyed them enough to warrant seeing Batman Begins.
Is it so dark that by comparison makes you think the previous 4 are the "lighter side" of batman?

oh definatly, but very good.

the first films to me were dark in the fact that it was shot in the dark, but batman begins gives the feeling and a decent background to batman.

i should also sat that i havnt seen the first two movies for a long time and its hard to remember and i am more of a superman fan myself :)

Superman is even worse!

The man of steel! Nothing can harm him! Except a rock which comes in a variety of colours.

Right. :huh:

Also has a dubious costume. Underpants belong on the inside, and what is the point of that cape? It has to be a fire hazard or in danger of getting caught in doors surely?

At least Batman has a sense of humour.

Spiderman and Wolverine would both kick the arses of Batman and Superman.

Superman is gay beyond belief.

253675vBda_w.jpg

Woah woah woah!

I concede wolverine is pretty cool. Hard man - tough fighter.
But Spider-man? Come on, he's a geeky 15 year old who suffers from some sort of mask fetish!

Superman clearly reigns over those two.
The man can turn back time! Actually with all the things he is capable of i'm not gonna go into it, simply concede now that he epitomises the phrase "Super hero".

Woah woah woah!

I concede wolverine is pretty cool. Hard man - tough fighter.
But Spider-man? Come on, he's a geeky 15 year old who suffers from some sort of mask fetish!

Superman clearly reigns over those two.
The man can turn back time! Actually with all the things he is capable of i'm not gonna go into it, simply concede now that he epitomises the phrase "Super hero".
[/b]

That's the point Superman is too dull & "mr perfect". Batman & Wolverine both have depth....it's the depth & back-story that make the characters who they are, it's also what always makes their hero status a struggle for them.

Dredd is in that category too but we are yet to get a creditable Dredd film...............unless you flick endlesly between Dirty Harry and Robocop.

Latest posts