• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

BBC extends Six Nations contract until 2017

Irish commentators...
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z4FU9SvW-Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dont know about BBC commentary (its probably better than RTE anyway) but i hate skys coverage. There massive rants using big touch screens dont really impress me and somebody should really teach them how to pronounce the name Tomas O'Leary

I've noticed sky pronouncing James Coughlan's name wrong. They pronounce it like "co-lan".

Will Greenwood, Austin Healey and Alan Quinlan. Interesting group of commentators

That commentator, Michael Corcoran, isn't too bad once it's not Ireland or Munster games he's commentating on. He tends to get a little over excited in those games!

Dont know about BBC commentary (its probably better than RTE anyway) but i hate skys coverage. There massive rants using big touch screens dont really impress me and somebody should really teach them how to pronounce the name Tomas O'Leary

What I would like (but it is never going to happen) is the South African commentary team that covered the Lions tests in 09 plus other games currently showing on ESPN classics. They know their rugby, they are knowledgable about all the players and they comment on the game, they even have a great understanding of the forwards game, something that escapes all current BBC/Sky commentary teams , although ESPN with Ben Kay plus others is quite good.

yeah thats another classic one i think all sky commentators should have to sit through an irish class

I like ESPN, the banter between Ben Kay and Austin Healey can be pretty hilarious

Latest posts