English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Ben-Cohen-during-the-2003-007.jpg
England's World Cup winner Ben Cohen has announced his retirement from rugby. The 32-year-old wing, who scored 31 tries in 57 Tests for England, has been released by Sale Sharks despite being the club's player of the season.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/may/15/ben-cohen-retirement-sale

Apparently turned down offers from clubs in England and France to concentrate on charity work

Still can't believe Sale released him, despite being voted player of the season and players player. Maaaaaadness

Good luck to him

One of the few English players that I've always liked. Seems like a great bloke on and off the pitch.

Good luck to him, I thought he was older than that... so fair play... maybe he will come back someday... who knows!

Happy retirement to the original and best Wum. Them man who enraged an entire principality for over 10 years.

All together now... Shane Who?

after an initial breakthrough with Northampton and then a purple patch with England 2002/03 season, after that he then just lost it

I remember him dropping the ball five metres from the line unopposed against Scotland in 2005

never really liked his style of play, I prefer more athletic wingers than bomfers like him

also don't like him for getting angry with Northampton just because Bruce Reihana was made captain instead of him

Haven't had the chance to watch him in recent seasons, but he was always a favourite of mine back when I had the pleasure to watch him. Pretty sound reason to retire, too. Good luck to him.

also don't like him for getting angry with Northampton just because Bruce Reihana was made captain instead of him

Nothing quite like listening to the BBC and believing a word of their bullshit.

There was nothing to do with Captaincy in his leaving. It was Steve Thompson egging him on and another former player (who and why will remain nameless for liability reasons) who were the reasons behind his departure.

Can't we talk about the subject at hand?

Last edited by a moderator:
good look ben you were an insperation to many and my favourite player sad to see you retire would have loved to see you in an england shirt again.

Latest posts