• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Walk for Doddie - Cornwall to Kent - 330 miles in 3 weeks - Can you help please?

MaxEddy

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
Dear Rugby Community,

I'm posting this message on behalf of my brother, Ben Eddy. Ben is taking on a Charity Walk challenge, named "Walk For Doddie", fund raising in support of the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation. The challenge will be a solo walk from the Roseland Peninsula (Cornwall) to Tunbridge Wells, Kent. The total distance for the planned walk is around the 330 miles over 20 consecutive days. The start date will be Sunday 10th December, in the very early hours, with planned finish date of December 30th! Ben has been a passionate rugby fan for as long I can remember and as kids we grew up watching England battle with Scotland in the 5 nations. Although Doddie was on "the other side" it always resonated with us what a player and person he was. When Ben first floated the idea of his charity walk we thought amazing, what a fantastic idea. Last year he raised nearly 3k by growing a mullet so this is bit of a step up. We have made great strides with planning and logistics, however we have some gaps! Ben as always talked about involving the rugby community as much as possible. Wether it's anybody who wants to walk with him or offer him a warm drink. What we really need though is help with accommodation along the way and we would love it if this could somehow be provided by a rugby family. Maybe we are being overly optimistic, but the age old adage of "If you don't ask you don't get" springs to mind. Below is a list of finish points and the dates (It does include the Christmas period!). If you know of anyone that lives near to any of the places listed and they maybe able to help Ben in anyway then please get in touch. He's a lovely, caring, selfless lad and can talk rugby until the cows come home. He also likes a beer but will be thinking about how many miles he has to walk the next day!!

Day 1 Sun 10th Mevagissey
Day 2 Mon 11th Fowey
Day 3 Tues 12th Looe
Day 5 Thurs 14th Totnes
Day 12 Thurs 21st West Lulworth
Day 14 Sat 23rd Burley Street (New Forrest)
Day 15 Sun 24th Botley (East Southampton)
Day 16 Mon 25th Queen Elizabeth Country Park (South Downs Way)
Day 17 Tues 26th Cockinghill (South Downs Way)

If you have the time then please follow Ben on his instagram account @walkfordoddie

You can also find Ben's walk on the My Name'5 Doddie website

Many Thanks
Max (Brother of Ben and Social Media manager!)

Dear Rugby Community,

I'm posting this message on behalf of my brother, Ben Eddy. Ben is taking on a Charity Walk challenge, named "Walk For Doddie", fund raising in support of the My Name'5 Doddie Foundation. The challenge will be a solo walk from the Roseland Peninsula (Cornwall) to Tunbridge Wells, Kent. The total distance for the planned walk is around the 330 miles over 20 consecutive days. The start date will be Sunday 10th December, in the very early hours, with planned finish date of December 30th! Ben has been a passionate rugby fan for as long I can remember and as kids we grew up watching England battle with Scotland in the 5 nations. Although Doddie was on "the other side" it always resonated with us what a player and person he was. When Ben first floated the idea of his charity walk we thought amazing, what a fantastic idea. Last year he raised nearly 3k by growing a mullet so this is bit of a step up. We have made great strides with planning and logistics, however we have some gaps! Ben as always talked about involving the rugby community as much as possible. Wether it's anybody who wants to walk with him or offer him a warm drink. What we really need though is help with accommodation along the way and we would love it if this could somehow be provided by a rugby family. Maybe we are being overly optimistic, but the age old adage of "If you don't ask you don't get" springs to mind. Below is a list of finish points and the dates (It does include the Christmas period!). If you know of anyone that lives near to any of the places listed and they maybe able to help Ben in anyway then please get in touch. He's a lovely, caring, selfless lad and can talk rugby until the cows come home. He also likes a beer but will be thinking about how many miles he has to walk the next day!!

Day 2 Mon 11th Fowey
Day 3 Tues 12th Looe
Day 5 Thurs 14th Totnes

If you have the time then please follow Ben on his instagram account @walkfordoddie

You can also find Ben's walk on the My Name'5 Doddie website

Many Thanks
Max (Brother of Ben and Social Media manager!)
Ben.jpg

Thanks to the wonderful rugby community and kind people we now have the following days left to secure accommodation. It was always going to be tricky!

Thanks Max

Day 2 Mon 11th Fowey
Day 3 Tues 12th Looe
Day 5 Thurs 14th Totnes

Christmas Day now secured! Thank you Petersfield Rugby Club. Legends.

Latest posts