TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51781993_011525154-1.jpg

Formula 1 chief Bernie Ecclestone says there is growing support for using sprinkler systems to wet F1 tracks in order to make races more entertaining.

Despite opposition from drivers such as Red Bull's Mark Webber, Ecclestone said: "There's no reason why sprinklers shouldn't happen.

"There's so much support because wet races are always the best by far."

Ecclestone also suggested McLaren's English duo Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button could "struggle" this season.

McLaren have been off the pace of front-runners Red Bull and Ferrari in practice, with the season-opening Australian Grand Prix set to take place in Melbourne on Sunday.

Ecclestone said: "Lewis and Jenson are going to have a bit of a struggle this year I think, but having said that Ferrari's Fernando Alonso and any of the other top guys will have a problem.

"It won't be easy, I don't think anyone is going to walk away with it. A lot of these things depend on the car.

"I have no doubt in my mind that both Jenson and Lewis will perform very, very well, if the car is capable of doing that.

"As drivers they are both capable of winning the championship and they have done in the the past."

More to follow.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9432232.stm

Well could you have put that anymore subtle?

I agree with him that McLaren will struggle this season, but then again they do manage to pull it back at times so you never know.

Latest posts