• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Ball?

R

RxTim

I'm planning on getting a ball to practice on kicking and passing, and I'm planning on getting a gilbert ball, but I'm not sure which one. Are they mostly all the same? Looking towards the XT500 or the Dimension match ball.

Yup, both are very good balls.
To tell you the truth, i question whether the average run of the mill saturday player could tell the difference between the XT400/500 and that of a match ball.
The good thing about the dimension ball is that you only pay a few more quid than that of the XT.
Either of those balls you choose is pretty safe.

Yup, both are very good balls.
To tell you the truth, i question whether the average run of the mill saturday player could tell the difference between the XT400/500 and that of a match ball.
The good thing about the dimension ball is that you only pay a few more quid than that of the XT.
Either of those balls you choose is pretty safe.
[/b]

nah, you can definitely tell the difference between a trainer and a match ball, especially kicking from hand.

You're saying you can tell a difference from kicking the XT500 and the Dimension match ball?
Really?

somtimes I think it's my right one, then I remember all that lefty malone has done for me. I have two nice balls in my ball-sack...sorry.

I love the Gilbert pass training balls with "DO NOT KICK!" on them.

<Dan Parks> ....Aw :(

91476B.jpg

i have a 3 year old (bald as a koot) gilbert that is perfect. it is a perfect weight, it is ballanced perfectly and i could tell the difference between that ball and any other i reckon.

have a good 'do not kick' ball story. guys from england may have come across the post world cup sweet chariot tour. huge artic went round the country showing off the web ellis cup as well as the 6n, calcutta cup etc etc. well, while i was at uni i did a few legs of the tour with a mate as we worked for the rfu at the time. our job was to get the stuff out of storage and expand out the trailer at every new venue.

well, one of the exibits was a certain ball, retrieved from australia by the sun newspaper for £10, 000. the drop goal ball from the final that went missing after the game. the ball is marked with the date and game, is marked by gilbert and, once verified signed by andre watson the referee as one of the four match balls.

well you would wouldnt you. nobody was looking and it was just across the room.

Yip gilbert is the best ball by far.. Oh and remember to practice with a ball thats bold as a baby's backside, a ball with no grip. You will find that it defines your passing ability, and when you go to pass a new ball with alot of grip your performance feels alot better

I have right here next to me at school a Gilbert Truflight ball. Pure joy to pass and kick.

i cant tell the difference between a training ball and a match ball for kicking

but for passing i deffinately can

I'm planning on getting a ball to practice on kicking... [/b]

Practice kicking a soccer ball hacky (not sure of the name) style, it will test your balance and the direction of where the ball is intended. It will enhance your control over it. ;)

now how would the barbarian match ball compare to the dimension? Lighter? or does it just have a better grip? I think our club needs a legit match ball (we use XT400's for our matches)

I'm using the Dimension match ball but i think its abit poor tbh. Not to worry though because i've now got a guinness premiership match ball :p

Latest posts