• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Canadian Player?

F

Fushitsusha

Hey guys, I'm completely out of touch with Canadian rugby.

Anyways, I'm putting together my own personal World XV team in Rugby 08 and I'm trying to have a player from every country represented.

Who would you pick as the best player in the Canadian team? Or, who are the top few players in the team?

Anyone shining in the European comps I don't know about?

Cheers!

Well I've regurlarly seen Mike James and Jamie Cudmore in the Top14. They are both top level players and generally considered among the best locks of the Top14.

Mike Pike. I remember him scoring a full pitch try against all blacks after an interception. He out ran Sivivatu I think

Isn`t Gareth Rees playing ny more?. Maybe he makes a comeback as a post-kicking-prop, this time.

Isn`t Gareth Rees playing ny more?. Maybe he makes a comeback as a post-kicking-prop, this time. [/b]

He makes the occasional appearance on TV here in Canada, and I will say, he has really let himself go.

For me, in the backs Mensah-Coker is the best Canadian player, but in the forwards both Cudmore and James are good as well as the back rowers Sean-Michael Stephens and Aaron Carpenter.

Well I've regurlarly seen Mike James and Jamie Cudmore in the Top14. They are both top level players and generally considered among the best locks of the Top14.
[/b]

Agreed, along with James Pritchard and Morgan Williams

I used to watch James Pritchard play for Randwick back in the late 90s/00s. He was an excellent player, very solid, and his goal-kicking fantastic. He used to mutter a little mantra under his breath before he kicked, was kind of strange. Doesn't do it anymore. But he still kicks a mean goal and plays awesome well for the Canucks!

I was going to suggest Mensah-coker, a very fast winger, but given he is a very slow 12 on the game I don't see the point.

i agree about morgan williams, especially a year or so ago, but im looking forward to seeing how the northern americans do this year at the world cup, although i doubt theres much hope for them!

Mike Pike he was the man against the All Blacks and he got a 70-80m intercept try with Sivivatu gaining behind him. Also played very well in the Rugby World Cup.

anyone but the pletches lol..

jokes aside, morgan williams by far. [/b]

Although many 'experts' said that the turning point in the Wales/Canada at the WC was when Jones and Thomas came on, but in actual fact it was when the Pletch brothers made their way on the field. Apart from the Pletch family the rest of canada were all pulling our hair out the moment one of them stepped on the field. Canada lost control of the scrum, they lost control of the breakdown and they lost control of the advantage line. Yes, they are that bad.

<div class='quotemain'> anyone but the pletches lol..

Although many 'experts' said that the turning point in the Wales/Canada at the WC was when Jones and Thomas came on, but in actual fact it was when the Pletch brothers made their way on the field. Apart from the Pletch family the rest of canada were all pulling our hair out the moment one of them stepped on the field. Canada lost control of the scrum, they lost control of the breakdown and they lost control of the advantage line. Yes, they are that bad.
[/b][/quote]

Its funny because I go to the same university they went to and by the way people speak of them, you would think they are gods.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> anyone but the pletches lol..

[/b][/quote]

Its funny because I go to the same university they went to and by the way people speak of them, you would think they are gods. [/b][/quote]

You go to Mac eh? I know a few people who go there as well. I never said anything about them being good players, because at the university and club level they are very good players, just they don't match up at the international level.

Latest posts