• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best lions team for 2016 superrugby

lions 23

Academy Player
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Golden Lions
good day guys this is my first choice lions side for 2016 please comment on your choice
i covered defence and attack would love to hear your opinion
1 van rooyen
2 robbie coetzee
3 julian redelinghuys
4 makou erasmus
5 franco mostert
6 jaco kriel
7 tecklenburg
8 whiteley
9 fafde klerk
10 elton janjies
11 ruan combrinck
12 harold voster
13 rohan janse van rensburg
14 lionel mapoe
15 andries coetzee
subs
16 akker van der merwe /malcolm marx
17 corne fourie
18 ruan dreyer
19martin muller
20derick minnie
21 rioss cronje
22 elton janjies
23 courtnall skosan
let me hear your seletion?

Pretty good team but I'm wondering about Elton Jantjies. Is there a rule against cloning players or not?

That's pretty close to what I'd have as well. I would only move Mapoe to 13 but I suppose you guys are sorted at center so movign Mapoe out might not be a bad idea. Are you talking about Elton's brother Tony? Isn't he at the Bulls? In any case Marnitz Boshoff is a handy bench player. If he can recapture some form it'd be great.

How is Stokkies and the Van der Walt kid's prospects at getting regular game time?

Its sad that you sit with 3 hookers all of whom I'd have as 1st choice at the Stormers. Our unions need to sit down and do some talking.

thanks for the comment
the two young centres were the in form centres when playing currie cup and both have big futures that why mapoe at 14 as heis a great defender
bno tony is at bulls and to be fair not interested great hookers you right but coach believes in rotation policy so all should get game time
lions blessed with depth this year somethign we havent had in years
so can keep players fresh

Yeah, Jantjies is two times in the squad from the first post, 10 and 22 were I suppose he'll battle for a place with Marnitz Boshoff. Lions managed to keep their best players so they might be one of the surprise squad of SR 2016. Pack is OK, backrow very capable, some very nice talent at halfbacks and threequarters, definentely a team to watch

Certainly the most settled SA side but I still have the feeling they need another two years together and/or are one or two 'star players' away from pushing for a SR ***le. I'd be happy if I were wrong though.