• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best live music DVD

Oh she is.

She looks like on of them spikey lizards you see in the Australian outback.

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 14 2006, 07:44 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jinxed_nz
@Jul 8 2006, 04:35 PM
Id have to say,

Salival number three
diddo on the Rammstein Live Aus Berlin thats quite neat lol.
oh and RATM Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium would have to be nuber one for sure! What a way to go out!!! I wish i was there, however those dudes smacking themselves in the face at the front are quite intense.
You seen Rage Against Machine in Mexico City (From memory its called "The Battle for Mexico City" or some crap like that... only seen it at my Uncles place). [/b]
I knew of it ive just never seen it, i dont no if you could get better then the DVD i have already... well did have untill it somehow dissapeared <_< <_< something suspisouse is going on here, ive gota pull out all my super powers to figure this one out.
*there is a puff of smoke and jinxed_nz is gone* :ph34r:

The two DVDs I bought the other day were pretty good.

Foo Fighters everywhere but home was good for the sheer size and features. Great Toronto concert and Washington as well as audio.

And RHCP Slane Castle is a good concert as well. I wish they played more of their older stuff.... Power of Equality was excellent. I'm sure Suck My Kiss would have been the bees knees as well...

I was going to buy Live Aid today as well, but I couldn't afford it :(

mum got pulse for her birthday on friday. f*** you - its not over-rated. its a f***ing awesome concert.

AC/DC......not sure which one......saw it in the 80's....Angus Young was in his prime!

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jul 16 2006, 01:26 PM
Live Aid > ****
You do know what '>' means don't you?

I'd pay not to have to watch Pete Doherty acting like the overated druggie twat he is again.

Muse - Hullabaloo (Le Zenith 2001) is f***ing awesome, as is the Glasto DVD (the full one with Citizen Erased and Stockholm Syndrome. I was there!)

Rage Against the Machine - love the last DVD. Especially the gig outside the Democrat Convention.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Jul 16 2006, 11:22 AM
AC/DC......not sure which one......saw it in the 80's....Angus Young was in his prime!
Think it's called "to those about to rock" but don't quote me on that one, it's got some footoage where they played in some communist country I think and the cops where beating the crowd with sticks

Originally posted by kaftka@Jul 16 2006, 06:00 PM

Foo Fighters everywhere but home was good for the sheer size and features. Great Toronto concert and Washington as well as audio.

And RHCP Slane Castle is a good concert as well. I wish they played more of their older stuff.... Power of Equality was excellent. I'm sure Suck My Kiss would have been the bees knees as well...

The 12 Minute version of Stacked Actors on the Toronto Concert on EBH does it for me... that and Taylor Hawkins drop solo at the end of Monkeywrench... you found any of the hidden stuff yet?

The Chili Peppers Slane Castle DVD is fricking awesome as well, especially the version of Give it Away which I think is better then the Studio version (Slightly different bits during the Guitar bits, but it makes the song so much better IMO) and that bit at the end of Give It Away where Flea and Chad Smith are going at it hard while Kiedis does that little thank you speech.

I'm 100% getitng that new Pulse DVD today

The adds have been rolling 24/7 over the weekend

Digital sound
Digital picture

Just like being there..........here I come Floyd!!!!

:bana:

Originally posted by ak47@Jul 17 2006, 05:24 PM

Digital sound
Digital picture

The picture looks a bit better than VHS, although it's still somewhat grainy.

The DVD in general is awesome though. With all the extras!

Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jul 17 2006, 05:27 PM

The DVD in general is awesome though. With all the extras!
How about that Music DVD of chesse's we were watching the other night Mr Iversen??? The one with that guy on it, and we paused it on him and laughted for ages, what was that called, real physcodilic

Originally posted by Ripper+Jul 17 2006, 04:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@Jul 16 2006, 06:00 PM

The 12 Minute version of Stacked Actors on the Toronto Concert on EBH does it for me... that and Taylor Hawkins drop solo at the end of Monkeywrench... you found any of the hidden stuff yet?

The Chili Peppers Slane Castle DVD is fricking awesome as well, especially the version of Give it Away which I think is better then the Studio version (Slightly different bits during the Guitar bits, but it makes the song so much better IMO) and that bit at the end of Give It Away where Flea and Chad Smith are going at it hard while Kiedis does that little thank you speech. [/b]
And For All the Cows.

I agree. I must say, I'm not a huge fan of Give It Away....Well, I guess I am. It's a good song. But that version was sick dawwgg

And for the hell of it... John Frusciante>Dave Navarro

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jul 17 2006, 05:27 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Jul 17 2006, 05:24 PM

Digital sound
Digital picture

The DVD in general is awesome though. With all the extras! [/b]
totally agree man about the picture......a little grainy, but doesnt matter, coz what about the sound

5.1 digital @ 468 kps or
5.1 digital @ 685 kps

look i have no idea what this kps business is.......nor do i remember the exact kps numbers, but the sound on this baby is bliss

it really emphasises how much on the mark these guys were

friggin sub woofer on some of drum solo's was an air conditioner

the extra's are awesome too.

and deadset if that is best versions of comfortably numb and wish u were here.

but boy did the night turn pink floyd in a heartbeat

i rolled up a scoobydoobydoo, as the 2nd side was loading
by the time i finished on the run was kicking in, and this dude on the bed was looking at me.....i froze.........entered the screen.....panicked and was racing the beat from the fat couch..........then these flashy balls were flowing thru the screen.....god damn they new how to hit the spot.

Also i hadnt seen this since i was about 18 (on VHS :p )

So with Eclipse..........those lunatics on the grass actually had substance this time around....before i could only recognize bush........now i knew them all, and the song had extra feeling.........like when billy corgen reckons when he went back as an adult to here these guys, u really are alot more educated of how pioneering these guys are.........when ur a kid u appreciate the riffs the solo's and the diversity.............when ur an adult u appreciate the experimentation and implementation of the experiments into 1 fine piece of solid sound, along with the riffs and solos.

Also the light show is off guts

:cheers: :bravo:

Latest posts