• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best match so far?

L

L0n3 R4ng3r

I was wondering what people rate as being the best match in the RWC 2007 so far.

As far as I'm concerned I think that the top 3 games so far have been:

1. Wales vs Fiji
2. France vs New Zealand
3. South Africa vs Fiji

Those games for me were the best to watch as they were both interesting with heart-stopping moments.

Have to go with France-ABs: will be remembered just like the 99 semi.

The Fiji matches were exciting, but not epics.

Here's hoping for even better matches.

Well it's obviously the Wales Fiji match but the Fiji South Africa match was only decent in the first 20 minutes of the second half, the first half was a non event and the match descended into a damp squib at the end. The Tonga South Africa match was probably one of the best of the pool stages as well

The opening match should definitely be up there, as should both the quarter finals from last Saturday but nothing can top the Wales Fiji match for me.

yep has to be Fiji vs Wales my no.1 pick then Fiji vs Springboks and unfortunately France vs All Blacks.

The France/NZ Match was preety poor, apart from my Homeboy McAlister carving up in the first 40, it preety much consisted of the French tackling all day and the All Blacks gaining yards like sloths.

Fiji/Wales and Tonga/England were both good, high quality affairs - the Canada/Wales game was also gold until they got tired. Portugal games were always good to watch - they played the game how it was meant to be played.

In terms of pure quality, you can't beat that opening 15 of the Italy/AB's game... what could've been...

f*** It.

I love to watch uneven matches (Big team against poor team) because you can clearly see, how even if the players are equal phisically speaking, a team beats tyhe other by playing a highest tactical rugby

Best match so far was the Final when England won 49-0. Oh wait a minute, that was just on the playstation.....................

Best match by far Wales V Fiji.. amazing!

Other great matches:
2. Argentina Vs France
3. SA Vs Fiji
4. France Vs NZ

personally, i didn't think France v NZ was that great a game. It was more a case of NZ blowing it and France tackling like animals, rather than two teams playing at the top of their games.

SA v Fiji for me.

If a newcomer to rugby wanted to download one or two matches from rugbyworldcupvideo.com would one of the matches mentioned in the thread be better than another for seeing what the game is really like. (Maybe one was technically better but didn't have as thrilling of a conclusion).

Thanks!

argentina v/s france for 3rd place
Wales Fiji
Argentina France in the opening match THEY never expect Argentina

i have to say the match i enjoyed the most was fiji vs wales- i thought wales would win but i was rooting for fiji- what a great game full of twists of turns- the highlight of the tourney. SA vs fiji had its moments but i always felt the fijians were 100 % and the SAs had another gear. France vs AB was tense but the All Blacks were pretty poor by their high standards. I missed the 3rd place play- off but that was meant to be quite good-

anyone see it? what was the verdict on it?

Fantastic. Great pack battle, especially in the first half, and an amazing job by the Argentine backs in the second half.

The best game has to have been the Fiji and Wales match, the physicality of the Fijians was incredible and i thought Wales did well staying with the.