Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frik Du Preez (South Africa)

• Olivier Merle (France)

• Other (Comment Other Choice)

• Total voters
Here is a quote from the legendary All Black great Colin 'Pinetree' Meads in the final test at Eden Park against the Springboks of 1965 typified his attitude towards game and country in this exchange with his younger brother who lay on the ground in agony.

Colin: How are you?

Stan: Not bloody good.

Colin: Well, You'd better get yourself right. In one minute's time you and I have to lock a New Zealand scrum together and we're not going backward.

:bravo:

I would have to say Johnno, but more on his Inspiration Captainship and Skill Combined... Without him we would not of Won the World Cup and English Rugby Would not of been the same, but there are valid arguements for all the players on the list...

<div class='quotemain'>
So is it more a question of where your athletic talents lie rather than your position? because I've found myself doing both of those sort of by instinct. I still don't really see much of a difference from the point of view of position specific.
[/b]

In theory a flanker and winger should be looking to hit the same angles if they are looking to break the line.

In reality though, a winger will be hitting the ball at more pace and so does not need to be quite so precise with the angle (assuming we aren't talking world class defense). A flanker will need to time his run prefectly and rely on strength to break the line.
[/b][/quote]

any videos?

I don't know who this McBribe fellow is, but if he's anything like W. J. McBride, I'll vote for him :p

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
So is it more a question of where your athletic talents lie rather than your position? because I've found myself doing both of those sort of by instinct. I still don't really see much of a difference from the point of view of position specific.
[/b]

In theory a flanker and winger should be looking to hit the same angles if they are looking to break the line.

In reality though, a winger will be hitting the ball at more pace and so does not need to be quite so precise with the angle (assuming we aren't talking world class defense). A flanker will need to time his run prefectly and rely on strength to break the line.
[/b][/quote]

any videos?
[/b][/quote]

are you on the **** already???

John "Nobody" Eales!

He could kick as well as anyone is his day aswell as being the best second rower of all time (extremely close with Mead, McBride and Johnson)

Latest posts