• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Biarritz - troubles and departures!

Last September at a classic car show I stumbled upon this and thought of you...

das

so Batman's a fan of the B.O., what's your aim here ?

so Batman's a fan of the B.O., what's your aim here ?

No aim, I just thought of Tony Manx and his favorite team when I saw this classic Cadillac back in September, so I snapped a picture. Just found the pic on my ol' celleo-telleo phone, and thought I'd share. The car was a beauty, too. :)

das

No aim, I just thought of Tony Manx and his favorite team when I saw this classic Cadillac back in September, so I snapped a picture. Just found the pic on my ol' celleo-telleo phone, and thought I'd share. The car was a beauty, too. :)

das

Why thank you kind Lady...............!!

Perhaps it will go better than its namesake!!

EDDIE O'SULLIVAN HEAD COACH AT BIARRITZ...............http://www.bo-pb.com/

Now then, now then, I applaud the bold move but is he any good at club level.................answers please to the new thread that I have just opened!!

Last edited:
EDDIE O'SULLIVAN HEAD COACH AT BIARRITZ...............http://www.bo-pb.com/

Now then, now then, I applaud the bold move but is he any good at club level.................answers please to the new thread that I have just opened!!

Had Garryowen in AIL. They were relegated but when he came in he got them fighting until end. Certainly has his haters but is a good coach and more so going abroad will benefit him hugely

He is a good backs coach and I think he might do a job at club level. International is a hard step for a lot of coaches so I wouldn't judge him by it too much.

He is a good backs coach and I think he might do a job at club level. International is a hard step for a lot of coaches so I wouldn't judge him by it too much.

In saying that, and I'm not a fan if his, he was successful with Ireland.

Benoît August (forwards) et Pierre Chadebech (backs) have been appointed by Biarritz and, therefore, one has to wonder just how much input Eddie O'Sullivan has had into those decisions?

August is, guess what, an ex-player of BO who only retired just 12 months ago (one international cap) and has been working, I believe, last season with US Dax, is a classically Blanco appointment!

Chadebech is a 55 year old ex International (5 caps) who's training claims to fame seem to be taking Narbonne to relegation, and being sacked, followed by a few undistinguished years at Lille in Pro 2

Ummm....will reserve judgement but the very appointments do not fill me with confidence that Blanco (who, incidentally, did not bother to tell his mate and ex playing partner that he was sacked before announcing new management would be appointed) has given that much power or authority to O'Sullivan....unless, of course, you know something different............................

The best forwards coach in recent years, Gonzales (another ex playing parter of Blanco), who left after a player revolt about three years ago, has been appointed as deputy President of Bayonne....

i don't think that Biarritz will be immediately promoted at the end of the season as well as USAP. I think Pau will end at the first spot

i don't think that Biarritz will be immediately promoted at the end of the season as well as USAP. I think Pau will end at the first spot

Am not too far away from that opinion also......I really do believe that the club needs a total reorganisation for it to be successful again over any length of time and that cannot happen with Blanco involved....but he is held in such high regard in the town and most of the supporters are blind to the club's failings that maybe a drop to Fed 1 will be necessary (although I cannot see that relegation happening in the short term!!!), I cannot see that change happening any time soon.

An emergency grant of 400k euro has been made by the Town Council to Biarritz in order that the club can avoid being relegated to the Federal....

Blanco must be a proud man indeed!!!

Sad to see that Ian Balshaw, not everyone's cup of tea, has had to retire following a knee injury. He had an operation on it and has been fighting hard to get fit again but it was not to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed his time at Biarritz where he was one of the few star names to shine and try every time he went on the pitch and his greatest strength was the way he looked after the younger players around him......

This leaves his mate Tindall as the last of the 2003 RWC winners playing........have heard that he intends to remain in Biarritz and that cannot be for money or tax reasons!!!

Good luck Ian in whatever you do.............

Latest posts