• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 Day 10

Top 14, Aviron bayonnais: Mike Phillips licencié !

Yes breaking news Mike Phillips sacked by Bayonne maybe now he will leave the sauce alone a complete and under Richard Head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shyyyyyyyyyt !!! so he's out ?!! What a fkn idiot...tall, handsome, good-looking even, talented and a Welsh int'l...gets tired of losing in Bayonne, drinks like a bithc and now look where he is...
Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Oh well. Maybe he and O'Connor can........uhmm...well, join the same..team ??...(wow, hilarious joke there huh....what a finish......)

Interesting forward pack. Weak backs.
Who is Fred Quercy? A flanker I guess...
The bench could make the difference if Montpellier is in the mood at 50'

You obviously do not know the Montpellier backs, Enzo Selponi under 20 French International in last World CUP, Hamish Gard signed last season from Japan, utility back, Thomas Combezou had loads of starts this season, Yoan Artru one of the fastest wingers in the TOP 14 if not the fastest, Jimmy Nagusa everybody knows and finally Benoit Sicart another Academy player now with a Pro Espoir contract, Fred Quercy, no 8 is also out of the Montpellier finest Academy give or take similar team that went to Bordeaux earlier in the season and won 29-36. These young guys train week in week out with the main squad and are there exactly for this reason and thats is why they are being used tomorrow night. All are excellent players, keep your eyes on Enzo he could one day be full French material.
Just Jiff,16 French players out of 23 and 8 players from the Academy, no one can accuse Montpellier of over signing non French players

Last edited:
Top 14, Aviron bayonnais: Mike Phillips licencié !

Yes breaking news Mike Phillips sacked by Bayonne maybe now he will leave the sauce alone a complete and under Richard Head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best bet..........he will retire, get married and live happily ever after?!!!

Biarritz team tomnorrow eveing...

1 - Menini
2 - Genevois 3 - Van Staden 4 - Lund E. 5 - Lockley 6 - Burotu 7 - Fono 8 - Harinordoquy 9 - Yachvili 10 - Waenga 11 - Brew 12 - Traille (c.) 13 - Gimenez 14 - Ngwenya 15 - Pietersen 16 - Dabti 17 - Barcella 18 - Furno 19 - Molcard 20 - Lesgourgues 21 - Peyrelongue 22 - Sella 23 - Gomez Kodela

WTF Burotu at 6?!!!

How does a centre who played 8 ( and is built for it although not necessariy competent there) last week learn how to be a 6 in a week when Imanol, who has played all over the back line starts at 8 and who TF picked this side?...Imanol?!! Probably....................he/Traille/Yach seem to run the club!!

Been a warm day with some light rain so condition should be good.......want MHL to do this one (it helps us) so will watch tomorrow morning as it is not on BT Sport until midnight and will make do with Bath v Glaws to accompany a very fine Pessac Leognan wine!!

Gaston's perdictions for this weekends TOP 14 Day 10 matches

Castres v BO home win.
Clermont v Brive ditto.
Grenoble v Oyonnax ditto
USAP v Bordeaux Begles ditto
Racing v Stade Francaise ditto but could be very close.
Toulouse v Toulon home win with Toulouse starting to hit good form, Toulon could be in trouble, and under pressure Toulon do not play well.
and finally the Friday night Montpellier love affair with Canal + and Isabelle, who hopefully receives no more shi*** from the Bayonne Boozer (Phillips) This will be a difficult game for Montpellier after their defeat last weekend at home to Ulster but God has opened the Fridge door so there will be changes, to the starting XV some tactical some enforced and some surprising but that will be published Fri. sometime. A hard fought victory to Montpellier by few points but will keep this as my Joker just in case the preverbial hits the fan.......

hahah, you know her, huh ? :D very cute, the little blonde...

ahem, Anyways !...
Yes, all home victories....except not all home victories because MP and SF might win on the road. No doubt for the rest for me.

Barstewards BT Sport.....I have Top 14 Bayone match on my personal planner but when I went to BT Sport 1 to check time for my recording....it has disappeared and they are not even showing highlights of the Bayonne game................just like ESPN last year they are effing about with the Top 14 coverage....and they hope to keep subscribers?!! A holes!

21-13 for Bayonne v MHL after 55 minutes!! Not good for BO.

yup....boy MP really could use a win to get back on track after a formidable start......where's that form gone ?!....this was definitely there for the taking for such a team on paper, but then again they're playing the home-and-nothing-else strategy like almost everybody else in the league...
crappy team they took with them, MP ?

Well it is a Bayonne victory and that moves them to 20 points, above Oynnax on 17 and 12 points ahead of BO but level with Castres who BO play tomorrow.

Bayonne, to me, do not look a relegation side so not sure who is going to go down with Oynnax if BO are to survive......tomorrow is so, so crucial!

You obviously do not know the Montpellier backs, Enzo Selponi under 20 French International in last World CUP, Hamish Gard signed last season from Japan, utility back, Thomas Combezou had loads of starts this season, Yoan Artru one of the fastest wingers in the TOP 14 if not the fastest, Jimmy Nagusa everybody knows and finally Benoit Sicart another Academy player now with a Pro Espoir contract, Fred Quercy, no 8 is also out of the Montpellier finest Academy give or take similar team that went to Bordeaux earlier in the season and won 29-36. These young guys train week in week out with the main squad and are there exactly for this reason and thats is why they are being used tomorrow night. All are excellent players, keep your eyes on Enzo he could one day be full French material.
Just Jiff,16 French players out of 23 and 8 players from the Academy, no one can accuse Montpellier of over signing non French players

...............very quiet there in Montpellier?

Ref not to your liking......................?

Before comments on this forum are made, an article has to be written for the Montpelier site, is that a good enough reason, + i do have a life!!!!!!!!! and just to add there are another 6 games, we may have not won but, we have one point more and are top of the TOP 14 at this very moment well until at least 16.30 which is more than i can say for 10/11 of the other teams in the TOP 14 and we have as of today probably one point more than Toulon,Biarritz, Brive, probably Oyonnax, Bordeaux and maybe even Stade Frangipane. so having said that i am going back to the thing i mentioned early MY LIFE !!!!!!!!! thank you for you participation and until the next time our paths may cross. Oh and have a good rest of the weekend.
Just thought i might add looking at your two post numbers against mine,2,403 2,566 and my little 452 just proves i indeed have a life and i know Isabelle, now that will be good old honest jealousy n'est pas!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Toulouse v Toulon about to start with Toulouse at the full strength (maybe Nyanga off the bench has an argument to start and Barraque at 10 and really looking forward to seeing him!) and Toulon with Michalak at 10 and a number of their best players being rested after being pronounced very much tired out after the defeat at Cardiff!! Shame......would liked to have seen them going at each other at full strength.

Surprises from Gaston........ 1. you have a life 2. your piece for MHL website is more important than the forum and 3. you called Stade Fitzwilton Stade Frangipane!!!!

pretty disappointing for Toulouse...we'll see what the second half gives us though.

Montpellier still top of TOP 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.....Toulon are very comfortable in their defence but not offering much in attack. Toulouse were against the wind so, hopefully, the second half will see them use it for territory, see some more off loads and breaks, and manage to get the ball between the posts!!

A below par performance but sufficient to get a narrow win for Toulouse...again!! Five kicks missed by ST but then JW goes and misses two and the drop goal to win after time was called went no where near high enough or the posts!! I am still waiting for Toulouse to fire but they are struggling at 10 having McAllister, Beauxis injured and Barraque and Dussain unable to kick consistently and making some peculiar decisions in kicking out of hand too!

Latest posts