• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 18

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
2 DAYS INTO THE 6 NATIONS AND WE ARE BACK TO THE TOP 14......looks like mostly home wins this weekend with the stronger teams all at home

Du 18 au 19 Février 2017 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<thead> [TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date [/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile [/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur [/TH]
[/TR]
</thead> <tbody> [TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 18/02 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASR [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
fsdf.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 14h45 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"]
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SFP [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SP [/TD]
logopau.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h30 [/TD]
[/TD]
logo_grenoble_-_png.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASM [/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
logoabbayonne_fondclair.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ABRP [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] R92 [/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] RCT [/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2016_2017.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45 [/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Lyon-lou-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] LOU [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 19/02 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB [/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 12h30 [/TD]
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CO [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 19/02 [/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] MHR [/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 17h00 [/TD]
[/TD]
logo_stade_sportif_etoile_noire_quadri_copie.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ST[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Yep...hard to argue with home wins all the way on this one although I think Brive may run Racing close

So will the teams be able to play with their best players? I'm not sure what should be worth watching this weekend? Montpelier - Toulouse?

i'm afraid the answer is no most of the French National team are in Marcoussis and are not available for this weekends games so Toulouse eg. are losing 4/5 players, which is an absolute advantage for us, plus are Georgian players have not been selected as Georgia are trying out a new bunch of younsters so another advantage for Montpellier. We are missing quite a few players because of injury, have not got an out and out 10, and the Du Plessis brothers have left for SA as they lost their father this week and for obvious reasons are not available. Montpellier v Toulouse looks like the one to watch there is also BB v Castres could be interesting, but if we win on Sun it will be a massive leap forward and there will be space between the top 4 and the others trying to qualify. Of course i will be at the game doing my usual duties, but not a great fan of Sun afternoon ko's, but we will know all the results before we start which is a bonus and the guys looked really sharp in training on Tues.

Thanks. I've never been able to watch that many Top 14 matches before, so even after all those years, there's still some new stuff for me. Yep, BBC v Castres sounds good, too. I think Tussac will play for Castres this weekend?

So will the teams be able to play with their best players? I'm not sure what should be worth watching this weekend? Montpelier - Toulouse?

Toulouse won't. We'll be missing Baille Fickou Tolofua Maestri Doussain and Huget. 6 first starters!

Essentially we're going into this game with a B side when we should be fiedling our best side. But we can't.

Last season we lost the Top 6 race for exactly the same reason (league clash with 6N) when we were in a good position (we were top of the table just before the start of the 6N). Pau got a win against us because of the 6N. we need to get rid of les doublons (league and test clash) once and for all.

Last edited:
and I forgot Richie Gray and Ghiraldini - 8 players (7first starters with Gray).

Last season we lost the Top 6 race for exactly the same reason (league clash with 6N) when we were in a good position (we were top of the table just before the start of the 6N). Pau got a win against us because of the 6N. we need to get rid of les doublons (league and test clash) once and for all.
I really don't see why it exists in the first place.

Also, you have to wonder why players from 6N countries don't play this weekend while the national team isn't playing while other countries have to do without several national players.

Toulouse won't. We'll be missing Baille Fickou Tolofua Maestri Doussain and Huget. 6 first starters!

Essentially we're going into this game with a B side when we should be fiedling our best side. But we can't.

so you got back Tolofoa and Dussain for yesterday's game, who both played, so on your count thats 6 missing, at Montpellier 1st choice team players missing 2x Du Plessis, Steyn; Nadolo, Catrakilis, Spies, O'connor still on crutches, Reilhac at centre first ever TOP 14 selection, Paillaugue on the bench after a 4 month injury, Dumoulin playing at 10, 1st time since his cadet days, Willie Du Plessis on the bench having arrived Thurs from Bayonne with one training day under his belt etc etc The reason you lost the game was you were beaten by a better team who had as many problems as Toulouse, we defended better and were stronger in attack, in retro spec we also had B team out, there is a very big chance Toulouse will not qualify for the Top 6 playoffs this season, there are 2 days where 6 nations play at the same time as TOP 14 plus this weekend where players were on training weekend in Nice. Sorry but you excuses are fairly thin on the ground there are 26 games per season and you are blaming 3 weekends for you position in the Championship, you need to find some better excuses my friend. Montpellier were never in any real danger and had a minimum 7 pt lead throughout the match bar the open minutes.You lost the TOP 14 last season because Toulouse were not good enough, we lost it in the semis because we played more or less the same team for around 2/3 months without rest, but we did make the semis and win the Euro Challenge Cup, Jake White admitted his mistake and we are not making the same mistakes this season when we have a majority players fit for selection. Toulouse are not the team that they were, yes i know all about the 17 or so Boucliers but that is all history. There are new boss's in the TOP 14 along with Clermont who are still probably the best, that's just the way it is things change.

Makes little difference to your club producing precious few quality players over the years though. There is no homegrown talent of any note coming out of Montpellier. Altrad's gaff is a retirement home for ex-springboks and average foreigners.

I'm all for change. Depends on the kind of change we want. Montpellier are the most hated club in the competition and in the country. It's a sad fact. Even L'Equipe is saying it. I've never seen it anything like it. http://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Article/Altrad-seul-contre-tous/766092

I mean we got jealousy at Toulouse. But not hatred. And we never had a president like Altrad who's been ******* on every other club's doorstep. Even the most blinkered anti-Toulouse fans do cut us some slack over the fact we've produced the players for the national team. We also carried the flag for the country in our Heineken years and got a lot of fans from outside. No such luck for Montpellier :cryy:

Montpellier brings nothing to the party. Ah yes salary inflation for a nothing return. Don't make me laugh with your challenge cup. You won a mickey mouse competition :lol:

Last edited:
WOW lots of hatred here at least my commentry made some rugby sense and it was not our President but yours who was bleating to the press and placing an official complaint about Willie Du Plessis not being qualified in time to play in yesterdays game, i was actually present as i arranged the interview with the press, quite bitter really a little like you own statement which i knew you would react to in typical schoolboy fashion
Unfortunately for you, you are now resting on your laurels and history, it's a shame but that is the honest truth. You can slag off Montpellier as much as you like it's water on a ducks back, the only truth is we are now once again in 3rd positon while you may not even qualify, there's the truth without hatred or your kind of disent but i do not expect anything better than that from you.
as far as your so called Montpellier hate article its 6 weeks old and if your President can't pay your players a good wage when of course they will leave, and Camara could be the first of many, do you really thing your youngsters who are starting their International careers will be staying when there are good contracts being throw at them from several clubs, i do not think so.
Montpellier is not the only club in the TOP 14 paying higher wages but to you it is and it's theonly one you want to target
Never mind sounds like "the old sticks, stones, and bones thing" have a nice day!!!!

Last edited:
Your commentary doesn't address any of the rugby points I made though. You're boasting of winning a mickey mouse comp that most our clubs don't respect. So if that's the extent of your 'rugby commentary' frankly it's hilarious.

On 2nd point. Our club is in transition. You're wrong is saying we're resting on our laurels when we are producing quality players. There is no quality coming thru on your side. My point still stands. Baille, Tolofua 23 yo are already in France squad + 6 others. They've little to worry about being dropped to make room for a Montpellier player :lol:

I can't help it if your club has become Public enemy No1. And this is of your president's own doing. You started the hatred. Don't blame others. Whinging to press is Ok. ******* on your neighbours doorstep is not.

You can't buy respect with a cheque book. If you don't respect others dont be surprised if they don't like you.

Last edited:
you carry on on your own with your little vendatta i left school a long time ago, you are obviously still attending good bye i will not be replying to you on this subject.!!!

Latest posts