• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 24

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
This weekends fixtures only 3days left before playoffs, except of course for Montpellier, Castres and the 2 Paris teams who now have to play thier postponed games(= farce). A little more difficult than last weekend where most got it wrong, with surprise wins by Lyon at Castres and Brive at Clermont so we could see 2 or 3 away wins this weekend. We again are playing on Sunday, Easter Sunday so can't see crowds being present against bottom of the TOP 14 and relegated Bayonne.

Date
<section class="block block-lnr-custom block-lnr-custom-pub-banniere-rankings-result"> <ins style="width: 728px; height: 90px; display: inline-table; position: relative; border: 0px none; vertical-align: bottom;"><ins style="width: 728px; height: 90px; display: block; position: relative; border: 0px none;"></ins></ins>

</section> <section class="block block-lnr-custom block-lnr-custom-fonctionnement-championnat"> </section>

Last edited:
Well after my prediction fiasco last week (clearly Brive didn't appreciate ASM making 15 changes from the European Cup side that disposed of Toulon), I predict home wins all the way, except I expect ASM not to want to fall any further off the pace; also, I expect Racing to get something from crisis torn Toulouse.

home wins for all bar La Rochelle with French prop Antonio playing lock that's different cant see them using him in the lineouts, lifting 150kgs could be a problem, and Clermont should see off Grenoble as they have little left in the tank after their drubbing chez nous last weekend 54-14

Last edited:
Hoping for Toulon to put Castres away ... but with Toulon you never know what's coming out of the mansion!

Hoping for Toulon to put Castres away ... but with Toulon you never know what's coming out of the mansion!

you got that one right they do not loose many at home we are on at 12.30 today v Bayonne so i'm about to leave to do my duties

Montpellier qualify for the play-offs with 3 games left, Toulouse are out for the 1st time in 40yrs, and need to get their house in order, Brive go down at home to Bordeaux a bit of a surprise, and Clermont and Stade Francais run riot at Grenoble and Stade home to Pau, there are 1/2dozen teams seeking that last play-off place with 2 days left. Can Montpellier get past Clermont and have a direct road to the semis??? Only thing decided at the moment Bayonne and Grenoble are playing Pro D2
next season.

Toulouse are out for the 1st time in 40yrs, and need to get their house in order .

We will.

Meanwhile looking around there's not one team that's looking like taking our mantle. Can't see any of the current T14 clubs emulating our record of league+Europe ***les AND produce internationals worthy of GSs.

Looks to me the throne will be vacant for a long time. Unless we take it back ourselves.

Last edited:
We will.

Meanwhile looking around there's not one team that's looking like taking our mantle. Can't see any of the current T14 clubs emulating our record of league+Europe ***les AND produce internationals worthy of GSs.

Looks to me the throne will be vacant for a long time. Unless we take it back ourselves.

Aw I don't know. I have a feeling that ASM will get over the line in one, other or both either this season or next. So much top quality coming through the academy mixed with astute older heads.

Just look up for your own information the number of finals Clermont have flunked.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But for that to happen Clermont would need to actually bring home some silverware. And not just 'next season'. Hey about this season.

I have a lot of time for Clermont as a club and its fans. They are the only club around that could prove me wrong. the rest are just ******* into the wind. Look at Racing with their recruitment and their pitiful ONE league ***le in 15 years.

Hope this is Clermont's year. Else they won't be remembered as they should be.

Last edited:
Just look up for your own information the number of finals Clermont have flunked.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But for that to happen Clermont would need to actually bring home some silverware. And not just 'next season'. Hey about this season.

I have a lot of time for Clermont as a club and its fans. They are the only club around that could prove me wrong. the rest are just ******* into the wind. Look at Racing with their recruitment and their pitiful ONE league ***le in 15 years.

Hope this is Clermont's year. Else they won't be remembered as they should be.

Having followed Clermont for the last 3 seasons, I'm painfully aware of that particular millstone, as is any ASM supporter. I take the view that if you keep knocking at the door, sooner or later you'll get in. They are a fantastic club from top to bottom, but that alone doesn't win you anything, but I think they're as close as they've ever been, with real strength in depth, chiefly because of some superb prospects from the academy, in particular Itturia, Jedrasiak, Penaud & potentially the most exciting of the lot (in my humble opinion) Aliveretti Raka, who could sidestep someone in a phone box.

Latest posts