• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TOP 14 DAY 13 (games postpones in Jan after terrorist attacks in Paris)

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier

<section class="block block-lnr-custom block-lnr-custom-side-share">
</section> <section class="block block-lnr-custom block-lnr-custom-pub-square-right-first"> <ins style="width: 250px; height: 250px; display: inline-table; position: relative; border: 0px none; vertical-align: bottom;"><ins style="width: 250px; height: 250px; display: block; position: relative; border: 0px none;"></ins></ins>

</section>

Last edited:
Montpellier's team hopefully to get the win over TOP 14 leaders Racing Metro.

Le XV de départ:
Mogg ; Nagusa, Ebersohn, Steyn, Fall ; (o) Catrakilis, (m) Paillague ; Qera, Spies, Ouedraogo ; Willemse, Jac. Du Plessis ; Kubriashvili, B. Du Plessis, Watremez.

Remplaçants: Ivaldi, Ischenko, Privat, Liebenberg, White, Lucas, O'Connor, Mas.

Gaston's predicktions for todays games home wins for Bordeaux, Clermont, Oyonnax, Grenoble and of course MONTPELLIER!!!! La Rochelle to provide a shock win at Stade Francais, could be dreaming but who knows !!!!!!!!

Racing Metro's team for tomorrows game v Montpellier.

Le XV de départ
: Goosen ; Vulivuli, Dussartre, Dumoulin, Dupichot ; (o) Talès, (m) Chauveau ; Barba, Masoe, Nyanga ; Dubarry, Kruger ; Goes Sa, Lacombe, Khinchagishvili.
Remplaçants: Szarzewski, Vartanov, Van der Merwe, Claassen, Andreu, Dambielle, Rokocoko, Tameifuna.

Last edited:
Montpellier 60 Racing leaders of the TOP 14 7 nothing more to say tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montpellier 60 Racing leaders of the TOP 14 7 nothing more to say tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That result was most surprising, and not even you, gaston, would have predicted that!

Now will Clermont puit 60 points past Toulouse later today?

I was expecting a win as the Racing team was not at its strongest but something in the means of 25-15, not 9 tries to 1 the changing rooms were something else after that match, only bad thing was we had Italien beer after the game not good!!!!!! plus i was super busy as we had 3 Canal+ commentators to look after so i had my work load increased but evrything went to plan excellent evening!!!!!! AGEN NEXT WEEK AWAY WE COULD BE ON A ROLL? 60-7 thats some drubbing.

I was expecting a win as the Racing team was not at its strongest but something in the means of 25-15, not 9 tries to 1 the changing rooms were something else after that match, only bad thing was we had Italien beer after the game not good!!!!!! plus i was super busy as we had 3 Canal+ commentators to look after so i had my work load increased but evrything went to plan excellent evening!!!!!! AGEN NEXT WEEK AWAY WE COULD BE ON A ROLL? 60-7 thats some drubbing.

As Agen lost again yesterday, they have no hope of avoiding relegation and next weekend Montpellier should annihilate them and confirm their contention for the playoffs.

As Agen lost again yesterday, they have no hope of avoiding relegation and next weekend Montpellier should annihilate them and confirm their contention for the playoffs.

As you well know we do not just turn up and win and they will not give us the points, every game is difficult and if we go to Agen with the same concentration as on Sat then yes we have a good chance of winning, but nothing will be given. The interesting thing is that the remaining matches for Racing Toulon Clermont they are all playing each other so the table is nowhere near what it could be by the end of the season, we have matches which maybe less difficult but still not easy to win Agen, Paris La Rochelle and Racing away and at home Brive Grenobleb Bordeaux, and Toulon still not easy but less pressure than the other top teams who really have a tough end of season. I personally think we could finish 3rd if everything goes our way and a little luck maybe, Montpellier are starting to gel and are playing very good rugby, even if its not to eveyones taste but that i do not really care about. People mention Racing's team on Sat was B/C team if the coach decides to rest key players then that's their problem not ours. Somehow i think they were expecting a loss and decided to give this one a miss than risk injuries to key players. At the end of the day they are all in the squad and there to play when selected no more no less, so its quite stupid to call something like this after the result and the game over, and it was 60-7 we did not just scrape through it was a thorough drubbbing and they were top of the league.

Only caught highlights now. Racing wasn't even all that 2nd string. Sure, a few key starters missing but that shouldn't mean we ship 60 to anyone! Well done, Motpellier.

Only caught highlights now. Racing wasn't even all that 2nd string. Sure, a few key starters missing but that shouldn't mean we ship 60 to anyone! Well done, Motpellier.

You are right they still had plenty 1st choice players available but they also decided to rest key players the choice of the coaches right or wrong??? but the most important factor was Montpellier were on fire and playing like that very few teams would have threatened them. Whether this continues and we blitz the rest of the season we will see, but the team is starting to gel on all fronts so Jake is now getting exactly what he wants from his players.

Looking at the score before wtaching the game I thought I was going to see some poor refereeing, a weak Racing or whatever but we had ample ball and opportunity. The difference on the day was Montpellier got points off of their posession and were making meters too easily and we didn't look like a team capable of doing much with what we had.

And you're right, Gaston. Racing took a calculated risk resting a few key players and which Montpellier can't help and it backfired hugely for us. The psychoogical damage is done but I am not sure a few players back for us would've changed the result overly much, certainly not enough to give us a win surely but maybe (hopefully) it coould've/would've/should've been a bit less of an embarrasment. I have faith though that our boys have it in them to use this as motivation going forward. Here's hoping these teams meet up in the final to settle the score once and for all (for 2015/16).

I could go for a Montpellier v Racing final but lets all qualify first as i said previously Racing have Toulon Clermont Pau and us at home , away they have Bordeaux, Toulouse, Brive, La Rochelle all those away matches are a possibility to lose to very good teams on their home ground, i sure the positions today will not be the same when all the 26 matches are finished, could be a very interesting end of season.