• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Biarritz v Bath, HEC Semi Final

Originally posted by Boy@Apr 22 2006, 05:07 PM
I've just got back from watching the game at my local, and I'm f***ing livid. Clearly the way to get to the final is to eye gouge (August), block (Harry-ordinary), spear-tackle (Yachvilli) and deliberately knock the ball on (Gobelet).

Not only did we not get any 50-50 calls, but we didn't get any 60-40 ones, let alone 70-30. We had one penalty from the scrum when Filise, Bell and Barnes were ******* all over Campbell, Balan and Lecouls all game.
It's embarassing that one of your players got spear-tackled by Yachvilli.

And how come every time Bath get penalised in the scrum it's because they were ******* all over the opposition front row.

Bath did try hard today, but didn't take their chances, whereas Biarritz did, albeit penalties.

That juggle by Malone was very costly, and although Bath tried to play positive, they need a new distributor at 10/12 IMO.

Betsen's trip was bad as well, cheat at the rucks by all means, but don't do it like that; it can ruin careers.

Grewcock's history caught up on him. As it frequently does. Tough cookies really.

Not the great game I anticipated, and Bath will have a tough time securing the HEC place for next season now. I'm hoping for a Leinster-Biarritz final.

Originally posted by el_tk+Apr 23 2006, 05:17 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Boy
@Apr 22 2006, 05:07 PM
I've just got back from watching the game at my local, and I'm f***ing livid. Clearly the way to get to the final is to eye gouge (August), block (Harry-ordinary), spear-tackle (Yachvilli) and deliberately knock the ball on (Gobelet).

Not only did we not get any 50-50 calls, but we didn't get any 60-40 ones, let alone 70-30. We had one penalty from the scrum when Filise, Bell and Barnes were ******* all over Campbell, Balan and Lecouls all game.
It's embarassing that one of your players got spear-tackled by Yachvilli.

And how come every time Bath get penalised in the scrum it's because they were ******* all over the opposition front row. [/b]
I can't remember Bath conceding any penalties today from the scrum. Campbell spent most of his time standing up, Balan kept slipping his bindings and Lecouls turned his shoulder in so much that at one scrum Filise didn't have anything to push against on the initial impact and slid right past him into Betsen.

I'm assuming the 'every time' comment is aimed at today's game and the Leinster match at RDS, when Byrne simply couldn't handle the pressure and was doing anything he could to stop having his head shoved up his own arse.

Why is it embarassing for a back to be spear tackled by Yachvilli? The guy's 6' tall, and not exactly frail. It's not like being speared by Gregan or Stringer. If you get underneath someone and you use their momentum it's not difficult to lift a guy into the air. It's then your responsibility to return him safely to the ground, not continue to hold onto his legs while he's lying on his neck.

_41589886_yachvili_get_270.jpg

Latest posts