• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bizarre Rugby Injuries

• Thread starter fringesportscentral
  • Start date
haha very funny stories, scuse my ignorance english is not my first language and I'm just wondering what fringe means?

nash-3.jpg
<- the bit of hair covering her eyes is called a fringe....

So basically fringe means edge or near something. Like the saying in rugby, 'Fringe players', it means players who are not playing in a side, but there are in contention of being picked.

E.g. Ma'a Nonu has been a fringe player for a while, he plays well for his club side, but he is just outside the NZ team.

Buck got rucked in the testicles, but did he cry? No, he got them sown up, than hopped right back into it.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 8 2006, 09:20 PM
nash-3.jpg
<- the bit of hair covering her eyes is called a fringe....

So basically fringe means edge or near something. Like the saying in rugby, 'Fringe players', it means players who are not playing in a side, but there are in contention of being picked.

E.g. Ma'a Nonu has been a fringe player for a while, he plays well for his club side, but he is just outside the NZ team.
I certainly wouldn't want to play with her minge, err, I mean, fringe... :unsure:

:ph34r:

During a team run last week, one of my team mates had to drop out. He had sore ballocks, he went to the doctors and got told he has got inflamed tubes in his left testicle. Best. Injury. Ever.

Kryan Bracken got two of his teeth lodged in Andy Robinson's head and AR's head got infected.

Originally posted by el_tk@Aug 9 2006, 10:56 AM
Kryan Bracken got two of his teeth lodged in Andy Robinson's head and AR's head got infected.
That's still no excuse....

Originally posted by kaftka+Aug 9 2006, 07:31 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-el_tk
@Aug 9 2006, 10:56 AM
That's still no excuse.... [/b]
^^ Hahaha. :lol: :lol:

I can see why the americans would call rugby a fringe sport. I spose then we would call american football a fringe sport ??

Anyway welcome to the forum fringesportcentral, I've seen the other post about comparing rugby forums on your blog, I think you were a bit hars on the TRF's review, but that's simply my opinion, this is easily the best forum for rugby on the web. Did you know we have an international in our ranks? Allblacksfreak is our own u/19 international right here on TRF. Ha!

You could do an interview with him for free, simply a bit of TRF advertising on your wonderful blog will get you a full interview, although I must say he's a bit of a one liner when it comes to replies ( he's a forward), so make sure to make it easy questions.

A few years back a kid at our school fell really awkwardly on his knee and the cap was completely detached. UGLY.

Also, a guy we played against got knocked out... the ball was accidentally kicked into his head, he fell over and got trampled in a maul; his neck didn't look to smoothe!

Not quite up there in the pain stakes, but I once dislocated both my little fingers at the same time by lifting a guy in the line-out. THey were both sticking out at very odd angles, but with a bit of wiggling they cracked back in.

Latest posts