• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Black Caps and injuries

Q

quirkealiss

Why is it that ever time our top team is rolled out we seem to come away not only with a loss, but also numerous injuries? What are we doing wrong?

Why is it that ever time our top team is rolled out we seem to come away not only with a loss, but also numerous injuries? What are we doing wrong?

[/b]
1st Theory
The blackcaps medical staff and/or team are tageting specific players in a huge conspiracy.

2nd Theory
No one is doing anything wrong at all. Injuries just happen.

I tend to think the first theory is more common sense than anything, but people would disagree....

Couple of players like Gillespie carries a few pounds too many for a pro sportsmen. From recent memory, I can also recall a few more, uhm, larger than life ex-players like Allot and McMillan. So maybe the fitness coach is doing something wrong?

Same thing seems to be happening to Pakistan- and with guys like Inzi in their team recently throwing his weight around, not surprising really.

its mainly our bowlers that are coming around with injuries. apart from a bang in the head or the hand the reasaon i beleive we have so many injuries are the grounds we play on and the way we condition our bodies.

For instance, our grounds are alot softer than the hard grounds played in saf or australia and its harder on our joints bones and muscles. no matter how hard we train over here we are bound to have more injuries when we go tour.

as for gillespie, i dont think he is that bad weight wise. He is pretty stocky yes but nowhere near as bad as what macca and roger twose were back in the day.

I think it's just bad luck really. injuries happen in sport and sometimes you get a lot of them at once. a few years back when the bowlers were getting injured there was something wrong with the fitness and conditioning programme. since then though the team has largely been injury free with just one or two having the odd injury instead of 3-4 going at once.

<div class='quotemain'> Why is it that ever time our top team is rolled out we seem to come away not only with a loss, but also numerous injuries? What are we doing wrong?

[/b]
1st Theory
The blackcaps medical staff and/or team are tageting specific players in a huge conspiracy.

2nd Theory
No one is doing anything wrong at all. Injuries just happen.

I tend to think the first theory is more common sense than anything, but people would disagree....
[/b][/quote]

3rd theory
New Zealand is crap at cricket no matter how few injuries they should really stick to Rugby Union.

In all seriousness **** happens you get injuries and refer to my last theory as why they cant replace them.

*** cough, cough, cough***

Red, just a quick question- who are he current holders of the Chappel/Hadlee trophy? After chasing down 300+ twice in a row against Australia?

There goes the "NZ cricket is crap" theory. In Test cricket, maybe true. But they`re ranked no. 3 on the ICC ODI table at the moment. So maybe not quite so crap hey.

Latest posts