• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blackout Rugby on Steam

Iorwerth

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Just a quick heads up that there is an online rugby manager game available on steam (PC) that is in early access called Blackout Rugby. It is coming on nicely and worth a look, though I would say that as I am the lead game designer! Not sure if this counts as advertising, so if it does then delete the thread, but I know there are a number of members on here who like rugby games, so thought it worth a mention.

Might give it a shot - noticed it's free to play. The videos look very....mobile f2p.
How ingrained into it is the (i'm guessing) coin/gem purchasing element? Possible to play with just grinding?

Be good for some screenshots of the game and a possible link for us to see?

Yes, you don't need to pay to play, and the game is designed to avoid PTW. As a free player you get tokens anyway to spend on in-game purchases. Aim of token system is a pay for variety model, so that by spending tokens on getting card decks you increase the option of which cards to play, but doesn't give you the ability to play more cards. Your club will have 'x' amount of energy to spend per day on playing cards (energy simulates how much your manager can accomplish in a day managing the club), and you will always have enough cards (received daily) to use up that energy. It is just the more cards you have, the more choice of which card you play on a given area of the game you will have. But like I said, free players will get tokens to buy decks anyway. Easiest way of seeing how it works is to give it a go, as it is free to play, so you don't have to shell out any cash to see if you like it.

Be good for some screenshots of the game and a possible link for us to see?

Woodward Games on youtube has done a load of live streaming on the game, so you could look at some of those to get an idea of how it works (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsuzVryDXXYOL4vQjQNCfBA). There is a wiki explaining the game (https://blackout-rugby.fandom.com/wiki/Blackout_Rugby_Wiki), which will give you some info on the workings of the game, as well as a few screenshots.

Edit: Also there is a discord channel called Blackout Games (can access it through the game) where the community interacts.

Thank you kind sir.

Latest posts