TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_47747106_sowdentaylor_huw226.jpg

Blues and Wales flanker Robin Sowden-Taylor is thought to be on the verge of signing a contract at the Dragons.

The eight-cap open-side, 27, is out of contract at the end of the season.

Sowden-Taylor, who won his first Wales squad call-up in 2001 at the age of 18, has long been seen as the heir apparent to Martyn Williams for Wales and Blues.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8651989.stm

A good player for the Cardiff through some very lean times. With Josh Nividi and Sam Warburton coming through I can see why he is moving on.

He'll do a job for the Dragons, but I can't see him shifting Gavin Thomas from the spot anytime soon and he cant play blind or 8.

Unlucky guy really, wish him all the best.

Thomas can play anywhere in the Back Row, although Lydiate will take some shifting and if Bearman's fit then he's a shoe-in for 8, and Falateua and Evans are comnig along nicely for that back-of-the-scrum spot. Still, at least he'll be making the bench, which is more than he would do if he was playing for the Blues.

The Scarlets really should have gone after Sowden-Taylor, just the kind of player they need at 7 imo. He's a better player than Easterby (past it) and Jonathan Edwards (never had it). While McCusker, Turnball and Dafydd Jones are all blindsides really.

It's a good coup for the Dragon's, as he's great cover to have. The Dragon's still don't have the strength in depth required, but more signings like this will help.

Scarlets should have been his destination. But I reckon financial constraints has played its part.

Latest posts